Business Development Director Structures
Product Management and Business Development, United States
The Business Development Director in the Structures Center of Excellence (CoE) will be responsible for the growth and business success of the Structures CoE worldwide. They will define, lead, and help with the execution of both short-term tactical approaches to address immediate market opportunities and longer-term strategic approaches to accelerate the growth of the CoE in a sustainable manner. More specifically, this means opening opportunities in new industries and applications areas; identifying, establishing, and supporting alliances; and overall guiding the field sales teams and channel partners to success. The BD Director will be a key part of the CoE leadership team and will assist with market and competitive assessments, business case development, and strategy for the CoE, in conjunction with other CoEs in the organization such as acoustics, CFD, and virtual manufacturing.
- Deep knowledge of physics-based modeling & simulation (finite element analysis), especially for solids and structures. MS or Ph.D in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Understanding of the MSC Structures portfolio and/or equivalent competitive products
- Consummate Networker: Build virtual teams with colleagues across the organization, in various CoEs, BUs, GEOs, Marketing etc., and with external partners
- Self-motivated Leader & Problem Solver: Proven ability to find solutions to various problems (technical, organizational, resources etc.) working within a large, evolving, multinational organization.
- Cheerleader: Be the ultimate champion for the Structures CoE by supporting the sales teams to deliver successes and working with the product teams to address industry needs
- Team player: Collaborate with and support other CoE teams, especially with proximal workflows and solutions, to ensure overall success of Hexagon MSC.
- Be a standout colleague and leader that everyone loves to work with!
Define and execute the Structures CoE strategy for Hexagon MSC. This should cover:
- Mapping out the Structures ecosystems – key drivers within the industry, sectors to target, competitive landscape within each sector etc.
- Identifying economic and technology influences and define solutions that will enable Hexagon MSC to be disruptive
- Priorities for key geographies to be targeted, and associated challenges/solutions
- Partnerships & acquisitions to expand competitiveness, reach and presence
- Validating the CoE strategy with key customers and partners
- Support for Channel strategy
- Guide the marketing teams for effective lead generation, communications, and thought leadership exercises
- Collaborate with HMI industry teams to develop high quality and differentiating industry solutions
- Assist the Product Management team to build a world class competitive product suite by being a voice for the field teams, customers, and partners
- Support the sales teams with key engagements and deliver on the targeted growth rates, both organic and otherwise
- Maintain up-to-date business performance metrics for review by HMI MSC management
- 7-10+ years of experience in business development or partnership roles, ideally in the technology industry
- Work flexible hours to accommodate the needs of a globally dispersed organization
- Manage variable workloads based on business needs
- Modeling and simulation knowledge in other physics such as CFD, acoustics, EM, would be very useful
- Proven track record of developing strategic partnerships and negotiating agreement terms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Comfortable communicating directly with senior executives internally and at partners and customers.
Information you submit as part of your application must be true, accurate, complete and not misleading. You understand that any false or misleading statements or omissions made by you during the application process, including your application and interviews, may be sufficient cause to justify the rejection of your application or, if you have already become an employee, the immediate termination of your employment, subject to due process.
When you provide us with information about any other third party as part of the recruitment process (e.g. referees) then, before providing us with such information, you must inform the relevant individuals that you will disclose their personal data to us and provide a copy of this notice to them.
We will only process your personal data for the specific purpose of processing and managing your application. In particular we process candidates’ personal data to:
- Undertake recruitment activities, such as determining the suitability of a candidate’s qualifications.
- Assist us in managing external providers. (e.g. recruitment agencies)
- Manage our HR records and Update the Hexagon employee database.
- Reply to an official request from a public or judicial authority with the necessary authorisation.
- Comply with any legal obligation imposed on Hexagon in relation to its recruitment practice.
It is our policy to retain your details for 12 months during which your candidacy will be assessed against other potential opportunities. Prior to the expiration of that 12 month period you will be notified of the impending deletion and you will be given a choice to remain on our database for a further 12 months. At any time during the recruitment process you can request your data to be deleted from our database. You are always able to apply to any position advertised by Hexagon once more.
Note: in some countries we are legally obliged to keep your information for a longer period to comply with governmental reporting. In these cases we will be unable to delete your full details from our records.
Hexagon is a global leader in sensor, software and autonomous solutions. We are putting data to work to boost efficiency, productivity, and quality across industrial, manufacturing, infrastructure, safety, and mobility applications.
Our technologies are shaping urban and production ecosystems to become increasingly connected and autonomous – ensuring a scalable, sustainable future.
Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence division provides solutions that utilise data from design and engineering, production and metrology to make manufacturing smarter.
Note: in some countries we are legally obliged to keep your information for a longer period to comply with governmental reporting. In these cases, we will be unable to delete your full details from our records.
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 1-800-766-46731-800-766-4673 FREE for assistance.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.”