PolyWorks for structured light scanners
High-detail measurement and inspection in a single package
Whether you are casting, milling, moulding or stamping, you can rely on PolyWorks to provide a complete solution for your process. The PolyWorks software suite is available as a complete package or – with regard to the two main applications – as a point cloud inspection or reverse engineering package.
SLS Plugin for PW
The SLS-PW Plugin allows any structured light scanner from Hexagon to be completely controlled from within the PolyWorks software environment. The increased efficiency of a single platform workflow will reduce inspection times by eliminating the need to export and import measurement data between separate programs, as well as by minimising training needs.
This plugin is based on Hexagon’s structured light scanning SDK, which offers the possibility of developing further plugins for other major metrology software platforms.
PolyWorks/InspectorTM (for point cloud inspection) allows you to:
- Use high-density point clouds of digitized prototype parts & assemblies to quickly identify deformations and to fix problems in the earlier stage of the manufacturing process
- Approve your manufacturing process by fully inspecting your first-assembled products
- Monitor the production cycle by automatically measuring the wear of tools and quickly detecting any abrupt degradation in product quality
- Verify the compliance of final manufactured and assembled products through sample check inspection using automated techniques
PolyWorks/ModelerTM (for reverse engineering) allows you to:
- Generate manufacturable class A polygonal models
- Transform aligned point clouds into highly accurate polygonal models using PolyWorks' unique tolerance-based adaptive meshing technology
- Reconstruct perfect polygonal features from imperfectly digitized geometry
- Apply all typical CAD operations directly to polygonal models and prepare these models for wide variety of manufacturing applications such as milling, rapid prototyping, reverse engineering, inspection, CFD & FEA, digital review and so on
- Create smooth and logical NURBS surfaces easily editable in CAD software
- Use automatic feature-tracking tools to quickly create curve networks. Curves can also be extracted interactively using only one mouse click
- Constrain the automatic surfacing process to predefined curves in order to create more logical curve networks
- Control the rigidity of the fitted NURBS surfaces, mimicking a sheet metal material for getting super-smooth surfaces without ripples
- Optimize your subsequent efforts in the downstream CAD application by minimizing the number of control points and patches, increasing the smoothness of patches, and easily creating perfect feature curves