Desktop Systems Specialist
Wixom, IL, Stati Uniti
Hexagon Metrology, Inc., part of Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, is seeking a Desktop Systems Specialist, for our Wixom, IL location.
The Desktop Systems Specialist is responsible for day-to-day technical support to employees for internal desktop systems software and hardware. This includes installation, configuration and troubleshooting desktops systems, workstations, laptops, and phones. This position reports to the IT Manager, requires working with other IT Team Members, and requires a minimal degree of supervision to ensure tasks and workflows are appropriately prioritized and completed.
- Deliver a high level of customer service and professional interaction with internal customers, management, and administration
- Provide first level hardware and software support in a Microsoft Windows Server 2008, Windows 7 and 10, Microsoft Office O365 environment.
- Basic installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of computers systems, and phone issues.
- Utilize, prioritize, escalate, assist, document and complete support incidents via the IT Service Management System.
- Configure new desktop and laptop systems, refresh existing systems, and migrate user profiles.
- Configure and support mobile devices to sync email with corporate Exchange server.
- Comply with departmental standards and documented procedures.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with the IT Manager and other team members throughout the resolution of IT issues.
- Assist with various administrative tasks involving IT & telecom billing
- Supports and participates in continuous improvement activities that positively affect safety, the environment, quality, reliability, and productivity or improve the overall suitability and effectiveness of the management system, its processes and products.
- Associates Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science
- One or more years of Helpdesk experience preferred Opens a New Window.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7/10 operating systems
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Basic understanding of personal computer hardware, software
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills, with a positive and professional attitude
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical, organizational, problem-solving and time management skills as well as ability to manage multiple priorities and deliverables
- Self-directed with ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
At Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, our spirited energy and engagement are evident in our commitment to our work, passion for what we do and the speed by which we achieve it. Here you will find the opportunity to build your career, develop professionally, and explore opportunities across a large, diversified company that prides itself on its innovative spirit and commitment to integrity.
We strive to attract the most talented and dynamic individuals in their fields because our success is in our people! Our culture encourages independent thinking and a team mentality. And we offer a competitive benefits package that’s second to none!
Exceptional medical, dental, vision insurances
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
401k with employer match
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
11 Paid Holidays
Training Opportunities…and so much more!
At this time, we will consider applicants who are legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship. No relocation. Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ► M/F/Vet/Disability ► E-Verify Participant
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 1-800-766-46731-800-766-4673 FREE for assistance.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.”