Software Product Specialist
Burlington, ON, Canada
In search of an exciting career opportunity at a local company with a global presence? Your timing is perfect! Forming Technologies, a division of Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence (www.hexagon-mi.com) is seeking a Software Product Specialist reporting to the Software Product Specialist Manager in our Burlington, ON location. The atmosphere is friendly and collaborative, and our culture innovative and entrepreneurial!
Forming Technologies is a world leader in the development of specialized engineering software and training programs for the metal stamping industry. For more information about Forming Technologies, please visit our website www.forming.com
- Competitive Salary with Bonus Plan
- Comprehensive Benefit Package ( health, dental and vision with flexible health spending accounts)
- RRSP Employer contribution plan
- Generous Paid time off (PTO)
- Education and Training opportunities….and so much more!
As a Software Product Specialist, you will research requirements, develop new product specifications, manage delivery of completed software, and get involve in testing the new functionalities and results.
- Gather and prioritize product requirements from Engineering department and clients
- Prepare documentation and procedures to allow development and QA team to work with the software
- Collaborate with the development team to refine specifications and address questions and concerns
- Develop quality assurance criteria for testing new products and validation against specifications
- Research state of the art technologies in the current market place for software improvements
- Development of software functional specifications
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent
- Some work experience or Co-Op placement is an asset
- CAD, Metal stamping tooling design, Software development,
- 1-2 years project management considered an asset
- Software skills: VBA, Excel, MATLAB, etc.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, maintaining good working relationships with all levels of the organizatio
- Ability to multi-task coupled with excellent time management skills to meet deadlines
- Proven ability to think analytically and problem solve with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Accommodation are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. To request accommodation, contact email@example.com.
Hexagon is a global leader in sensor, software and autonomous solutions. We are putting data to work to boost efficiency, productivity, and quality across industrial, manufacturing, infrastructure, safety, and mobility applications.
Our technologies are shaping urban and production ecosystems to become increasingly connected and autonomous – ensuring a scalable, sustainable future.
Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence division provides solutions that utilise data from design and engineering, production and metrology to make manufacturing smarter.
Hexagon (Nasdaq Stockholm: HEXA B) has approximately 20,000 employees in 50 countries and net sales of approximately 3.8bn EUR. Learn more at hexagon.com and follow us @HexagonAB.