Senior HPC Engineer
Orange County, CA, Estados Unidos de América
This role can be remote anywhere in the US or Canada.
MSC Software is looking for a Senior High Performance Computing (HPC) Engineer. The role involves both research and implementation of new parallel methods and design and re-architecture of legacy products to improve scalability. The focus of methods development will be linear algebraic methods with a strong emphasis on the solution of large sparse linear systems and eigen solvers.
- Develop, maintain, and enhance parallel numerical algorithms used in MSC’s products
- Research and develop innovative parallel methods and implementations for computational linear algebra
- Review method proposals from fellow group members
- Research and implement scalable, stable computational solutions including necessary data structures
- Work with other teams to verify implementation, develop examples, and document features
- Participate in technical conferences including User Meetings and/or write journal research papers
- Senior candidates will be expected to mentor and guide junior team members
- Bachelors in mathematics, computer science, or engineering with expertise in linear algebra both theoretical and computational. Graduate degree preferred
- Experience with parallel method development and implementation exploiting both shared and distributed memory computing architectures, as well as compute accelerators such as GPUs
- In-depth knowledge of computational linear algebraic methods as well as theory and demonstrated an ability to understand real world applications. Familiarity with the finite element method is a plus.
- Ability to design and implement algorithms/data structures for computational linear algebra
- Ability to program in C/C++ and Fortran. Demonstrated knowledge of MPI, OpenMP, CUDA, OpenCL, and Python. Experience in PERL and Shell programming is a plus
- The ideal candidates have worked on parallel computational linear algebra software and integrated it with large-scale commercial applications, preferably in the context of finite element method solver packages.
Information you submit as part of your application must be true, accurate, complete and not misleading. You understand that any false or misleading statements or omissions made by you during the application process, including your application and interviews, may be sufficient cause to justify the rejection of your application or, if you have already become an employee, the immediate termination of your employment, subject to due process.
When you provide us with information about any other third party as part of the recruitment process (e.g. referees) then, before providing us with such information, you must inform the relevant individuals that you will disclose their personal data to us and provide a copy of this notice to them.
We will only process your personal data for the specific purpose of processing and managing your application. In particular we process candidates’ personal data to:
- Undertake recruitment activities, such as determining the suitability of a candidate’s qualifications.
- Assist us in managing external providers. (e.g. recruitment agencies)
- Manage our HR records and Update the Hexagon employee database.
- Reply to an official request from a public or judicial authority with the necessary authorisation.
- Comply with any legal obligation imposed on Hexagon in relation to its recruitment practice.
It is our policy to retain your details for 12 months during which your candidacy will be assessed against other potential opportunities. Prior to the expiration of that 12 month period you will be notified of the impending deletion and you will be given a choice to remain on our database for a further 12 months. At any time during the recruitment process you can request your data to be deleted from our database. You are always able to apply to any position advertised by Hexagon once more.
Note: in some countries we are legally obliged to keep your information for a longer period to comply with governmental reporting. In these cases we will be unable to delete your full details from our records.
Hexagon is a global leader in sensor, software and autonomous solutions. We are putting data to work to boost efficiency, productivity, and quality across industrial, manufacturing, infrastructure, safety, and mobility applications.
Our technologies are shaping urban and production ecosystems to become increasingly connected and autonomous – ensuring a scalable, sustainable future.
Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence division provides solutions that utilise data from design and engineering, production and metrology to make manufacturing smarter.
Note: in some countries we are legally obliged to keep your information for a longer period to comply with governmental reporting. In these cases, we will be unable to delete your full details from our records.
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 1-800-766-46731-800-766-4673 FREE for assistance.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.”