Hypersonics Development Engineer
Research and Development, Irvine, CA, Estados Unidos de América
- Perform design, implementation, system integration, documentation, and unit/system testing of Nastran’s Hypersonic Solution
- Support high Mach number aerodynamics in Nastran
- Project and technical management
- Serve as the hypersonics technical domain expert for Design & Engineering product portfolio.
- Author project and user documentation.
- Assist Product Management, Marketing and Field Teams in promoting MSC Hypersonics product portfolio.
- Work with different teams to advance Nastran Pre- and Post- support.
- Correct defects in Nastran
- Ensure all deliverables meet established Product Quality Metrics and Guidelines.
- Assist QA and Project Testing teams with benchmarking and certification to ensure a successful and timely product release.
- Provide second-line support to MSC application/support engineers.
- May be asked to assist technical marketing and business development teams.
- Advanced Graduate degree in Aerodynamics, Mechanical, Structural Engineering or Applied Mechanics with emphasis in development of multi-physics simulation tools and methods for Hypersonic Vehicles (HV).
- Minimum 3 years related industry experience in developing multi-physics simulation tools for hypersonic vehicles.
- Minimum 3 years overall experience in modeling and simulation analysis of high-speed aerodynamics.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in COTS scientific software development
- Minimum 3 years programing experience in C/C++/Fortran/Python
- Technical leadership in hypersonic simulation methods development
- Strong experience in some/most of the following disciplines: hypersonic aerodynamics, CFD, thermo-physics, heat transfer, ablation, and fluid mechanics.
- Coupling of CFD programs with Finite Element codes for Fluid-Structure Interaction simulation
- General knowledge of SC/Flow, Fluent, Nastran, ADAMS, Ansys, Abaqus or Patran
Information you submit as part of your application must be true, accurate, complete and not misleading. You understand that any false or misleading statements or omissions made by you during the application process, including your application and interviews, may be sufficient cause to justify the rejection of your application or, if you have already become an employee, the immediate termination of your employment, subject to due process.
When you provide us with information about any other third party as part of the recruitment process (e.g. referees) then, before providing us with such information, you must inform the relevant individuals that you will disclose their personal data to us and provide a copy of this notice to them.
We will only process your personal data for the specific purpose of processing and managing your application. In particular we process candidates’ personal data to:
- Undertake recruitment activities, such as determining the suitability of a candidate’s qualifications.
- Assist us in managing external providers. (e.g. recruitment agencies)
- Manage our HR records and Update the Hexagon employee database.
- Reply to an official request from a public or judicial authority with the necessary authorisation.
- Comply with any legal obligation imposed on Hexagon in relation to its recruitment practice.
It is our policy to retain your details for 12 months during which your candidacy will be assessed against other potential opportunities. Prior to the expiration of that 12 month period you will be notified of the impending deletion and you will be given a choice to remain on our database for a further 12 months. At any time during the recruitment process you can request your data to be deleted from our database. You are always able to apply to any position advertised by Hexagon once more.
Note: in some countries we are legally obliged to keep your information for a longer period to comply with governmental reporting. In these cases we will be unable to delete your full details from our records.
Hexagon is a global leader in sensor, software and autonomous solutions. We are putting data to work to boost efficiency, productivity, and quality across industrial, manufacturing, infrastructure, safety, and mobility applications.
Our technologies are shaping urban and production ecosystems to become increasingly connected and autonomous – ensuring a scalable, sustainable future.
Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence division provides solutions that utilise data from design and engineering, production and metrology to make manufacturing smarter.
Note: in some countries we are legally obliged to keep your information for a longer period to comply with governmental reporting. In these cases, we will be unable to delete your full details from our records.
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 1-800-766-46731-800-766-4673 FREE for assistance.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.”