Applications Engineer Ontario
In search of an exciting career opportunity at a local company with a global presence? Your timing is perfect! Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence Canada is seeking an Applications Engineer to provide technical sales support for all applications of Hexagon products based in the Province of Ontario. The atmosphere is friendly and collaborative, and our culture innovative and entrepreneurial!
Who We Are
Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence Canada is a global leader in sensor, software, and autonomous solutions? We are putting data to work to boost efficiency, productivity, and quality across industrial, manufacturing, infrastructure, safety, and mobility applications. Our technologies are shaping urban and production ecosystems to become increasingly connected and autonomous — to ensure a scalable and sustainable future.
For more information about Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence Canada, please visit our website www.hexagonmi.com .
• Competitive Salary
• Exceptional Benefit Package – health, dental and vision with flexible health spending account
• RRSP Employer contribution plan
• Generous Paid time off (PTO)
• Education and Training opportunities….and so much more!
As an Applications Engineer, you will provide technical sales support for various applications of Hexagon products encompassing metrology, manufacturing consulting and demonstration. You will report to the Applications Manager and assist the regional sales team in the Province of Ontario by providing recommendations for customers’ applications. You will effectively communicate the benefits of Hexagon’s products for complex manufacturing and metrology applications via product presentations and demonstrations to prospective customers. In addition, you will have responsibility for contract programming tasks and product training.
• Provide product demonstrations of hardware and software to prospective customers.
• Consult with internal Hexagon team members and potential customers to determine hardware, software, or system specification requirements.
• Assist regional sales team by providing product recommendations for customers’ applications.
• Prepare and conduct customer training classes on machine operations, specific sensor use and programming.
• Assist as needed with detailed technical specifications for quotations, provide technical support onsite or remotely as assigned.
• Create programs ranging from simple inspection to complicated logic-based graphical user interfaces, based on customer specifications.
• Assist engineering and marketing groups in new product development as assigned.
• Travel up to 50% may be required across Canada should another region need support.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• 2-5 years’ experience in Manufacturing Engineering or Quality Engineering or similar environment.
• Knowledge and understanding of manufacturing processes such as machining, casting, forging, fabrication, and injection molding.
• PCDMIS, GD&T, CMM Manufacturing experience is a must.
• Laser Trackers and portable CMM arms experience considered an asset.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and presentation skills (must be comfortable speaking in front of small groups).
• Proficiency with multiple sensors, programming, and multiple metrology software, one of which must be 3D Point Cloud software.
• Solid knowledge of 3D CAD and proficient and experienced with MS Office.
• Ability and comfortable to work independently and as part of a team, maintaining good working relationships with all levels of the organization.
• Customer facing experience including coaching and training as well the desire to eagerly lead projects and tasks.
• Ability to multi-task coupled with excellent time management skills to meet deadlines.
• Ability to travel up to 50% domestic.
Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence Canada is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Accommodation are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. To request accommodation, contact Human Resources.
Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence ayuda a fabricantes del sector industrial a desarrollar las tecnologías revolucionarias del presente y los productos que cambiarán la vida del mañana. Como especialista líder de soluciones para la fabricación y metrología, nuestra experiencia en sentir, pensar y actuar, esto es, la recopilación, el análisis y el uso activo de datos de medición, aporta a nuestros clientes la confianza necesaria para incrementar la velocidad de la producción y acelerar la productividad, a la vez que mejoran la calidad de los productos.
Gracias a una red de centros de servicio locales, a plantas de producción y a operaciones comerciales por los cinco continentes, estamos moldeando un cambio inteligente en la fabricación para construir un mundo en el que la calidad impulse la productividad. Para obtener más información, visite HexagonMI.com.
Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence forma parte de Hexagon
(Bolsa de Estocolmo: HEXA B; hexagon.com), un proveedor líder internacional de tecnologías de la información que impulsa mejoras en la calidad y la productividad a través de aplicaciones para empresas geoespaciales e industriales.