The Coordinate Measuring Machine Pushing Productivity Further
By selecting one of the capability packages available for GLOBAL S, you can combine technologies to tailor the solution to best suit your needs.
The Throughput capability package is ideal for manufacturers who require short measurement cycles without compromising accuracy.
GLOBAL S with the Throughput capability package offers:
- Up to 10% time-savings in measuring cycles with Fly2 Mode, the trajectory-control technology that automatically optimises routes between measurement points, reducing measurement operation execution times
- Maximised scanning throughput with high accuracy using Compass technology, the advanced vibration reduction system available on the Chrome performance level
- High throughput when scanning complex profiles and when the path is unknown, using the advanced firmware algorithms of Scan Pilot
Manufacturers producing parts with complex geometries and tight tolerances requiring the highest level of accuracy will benefit from the Precision capability package.
GLOBAL S with the Precision capability package offers:
- Highly-accurate data capture and scanning confidence using Compass technology to compensate for the intrinsic vibration of the CMM
- Reduced measurement uncertainty with fixed head probes such as the HP-S-X5 providing highly-accurate tactile scanning data
The Multi-Purpose capability package is the optimal configuration for manufacturers measuring parts with various features, material types and surface characteristics, or producing a number of different workpieces.
GLOBAL S with the Multi-Purpose capability package offers:
- Maximum application flexibility thanks to a wide range of tactile and non-contact sensors
- Automatic sensor exchange to switch from contact to non-contact sensors within the part program using a standard tool changer
- Comprehensive capture of high-density point-cloud data and 3D digitisation of freeform surfaces with options such as the HP-L laser scanner
The Shop-Floor capability package enables manufacturers to bring inspection near line, at line or inline, closer to the point of production. It helps reduce secondary material handling tasks in the workflow and enables you to detect quality defects more quickly, enabling workflows to be optimised and time-to-market shortened.
GLOBAL S with the Shop-Floor capability package offers:
- Reliable results even in changing temperature conditions thanks to the advanced temperature compensation system, and environmental alerts provided by the PULSE monitoring system
- Run predefined part programs quickly and with minimal training using INSPECT from PC-DMIS
- Consistent machine operation even in the harshest production conditions with bellows and covers providing additional protection of the CMM’s critical mechanics
Compass technology, available on the Chrome performance level, is an advanced vibration-reduction system which guarantees accuracy even during high-speed scanning. Combining hardware and firmware solutions, it enables you to maximise throughput without compromising on accuracy.
Improved Unknown Path Scanning
Thanks to the advanced firmware algorithms of Scan Pilot, GLOBAL S can scan the most complex unknown profiles at high speed, even on parts with abrupt changes of surface.
Machine Path Optimisation
The Fly2Mode trajectory-control technology automatically optimises the route between measurement points and reduces machine idle times. Program execution times can be reduced by up to 10%.
Automatic Power Saving
With Eco Mode, GLOBAL S automatically powers down to save electricity during periods of inactivity, improving energy efficiency but keeping the machine ready to go. Operating costs are reduced with no impact on throughput or performance.
Air Saving Function
Eco Mode+ reduces the cost of ownership by stopping the flow of compressed air after a period of inactivity. This function is available on the GLOBAL S CMM model together with Eco Mode, the energy saving function.
The GLOBAL S messaging light option integrates LED alert lights into the CMM so you can check machine status at a glance, even at a distance. This means the CMM can be left to measure, allowing you to optimise time and resource management.
Choice of Sensors
GLOBAL S can be equipped for any application with sensors including high-precision touch trigger probes, tactile scanning sensors and non-contact sensors, as well as tool changer options. Extensions of up to 800 mm are available on selected probes for maximum accessibility.
Advanced Software Options
GLOBAL S is available with PC-DMIS, which enables manufacturers to capture and share quality information seamlessly across the organisation and through all phases of production. For complex geometries or challenging data evaluation, QUINDOS offers the sophisticated toolset required by the advanced metrology users.
Enhanced Data Analysis
The Q-DAS software portfolio offers powerful packages for the statistical analysis of data captured by GLOBAL S and other measurement equipment, providing better insight to control the manufacturing process and alerting you to issues sooner. GLOBAL S is also compatible with HxGN SFx | Asset Management.
PULSE uses a network of sensors to provide real-time monitoring of conditions that could influence the quality of measured data, allowing faster remedial action. It records variations in temperature, humidity, vibrations as well as collisions and can send automatic alerts when an environmental condition threshold is breached.