Senior Principal Cloud Architect
Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence division is seeking an experienced Senior Principal Cloud Architect. to accelerate delivery of new Smart Manufacturing cloud solutions that integrate the design, engineering, manufacturing, and quality activities of the product lifecycle.
At Hexagon, we strive to help industrial manufacturers develop the disruptive technologies of today and the life-changing products of tomorrow. Our strength comes from our global footprint and enormous portfolio of advanced industrial sensors, measurement technologies, factory automation, simulation, and analytics tools.
The Principal Cloud Architect will accelerate delivery of new Smart Manufacturing cloud solutions that integrate the design, engineering, manufacturing, and quality activities of the product lifecycle.
- Plan, architect and deploy secure, dynamically scalable, highly available, and reliable cloud applications
- Select appropriate managed cloud services to design and deploy an application based on given requirements
- Work with the BUs to design and develop the cloud applications
- Migrate complex, multi-tier applications on to Azure and/or AWS
- Provide software architecture and technical leadership to the cloud product and service teams
- Evaluate and recommend reference architectures, architectural patterns, technologies, and processes to ensure an effective cloud product platform
- Advise stakeholders and translate business requirements into secure, scalable, and reliable cloud solutions
- Lead the overall cloud solution with respect to architecture and high-level design in the areas of security, scaling, networking, virtualization, identity, business continuity, disaster recovery, and data platform
- Ensure that business objectives with respect to cloud security and scaling are achieved
- Design cloud-native microservice architectures and orchestration solutions for deployment of applications
- Specify an API gateway strategy and determine policies for internal and external consumption of APIs
- Determine appropriate compute technologies, including virtual machines, app services, service Fabric, functions, containers, and container orchestration
- Work with a team of application developers, architects, and designers in the BUs to deliver innovative technology solutions using public/private cloud services
- Establish an approximate level-of-effort and staffing requirements for complex development projects
- Ensure that solutions created by the development team adhere to architectural standards
- Responsible for developing proof-of-concepts and software design reviews
- Lead technical discussions and architecture planning
- Define standard operating procedures for cloud operations in the organization
- Remain current on emerging technology trends and promote an environment of learning
- Contribute to top-level strategic thinking, helping to deliver Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence’s overall smart manufacturing vision.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science
- 3+ years hands-on experience architecting, designing, and deploying B2B cloud applications on Azure and/or AWS
- Experience working on complex software projects
- Proven ability to evaluate cloud application requirements and make architectural recommendations for implementing, deploying, and provisioning applications on Azure and/or AWS
- Demonstrated ability to design a hybrid cloud architecture using key Azure and/or AWS technologies
- Direct experience providing guidance on architecture and high-level design across multiple applications and enterprise projects
- Demonstrated ability to map business objectives to application and architecture requirements
- Firsthand experience with continuous integration and deployment processes
- Strong understanding of the foundation concepts and services of Azure and AWS
- Excellent communication skills with ability to use architectural patterns, reference architectures, and multi-perspective architectural diagrams to document and explain complex systems and environments
- Expert knowledge of patterns such as command and query responsibility segregation (CQRS), event sourcing, materialized view, publisher/subscriber, queue-based load leveling, and eventual consistency
- Experience with enterprise IT technologies and processes for security, networking, virtualization, identity, role-based access control, business continuity, disaster recovery, data storage, budgeting, and governance
- Hand on experience of distributed infrastructures
- Extensive OS knowledge of Unix/Linux
- Familiarity with mobile application development
- Ability to build applications using microservices architecture
- Performance tuning of cloud-based applications for best performance and uptime
- Willingness to travel internationally up to 30%
At Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, our spirited energy and engagement are evident in our commitment to our work, passion for what we do and the speed by which we achieve it. Here you will find the opportunity to build your career, develop professionally, and explore opportunities across a large, diversified company that prides itself on its innovative spirit and commitment to integrity.
We strive to attract the most talented and dynamic individuals in their fields because our success is in our people! Our culture encourages independent thinking and a team mentality. And we offer a competitive benefits package that’s second to none!
Exceptional medical, dental, vision insurances
401k with generous employer match
Pre-tax Benefits Accounts (HSA, FSA, DFSA)
Flexible Paid Time Off Programs
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ► M/F/Vet/Disability ► E-Verify Participant
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 1-800-766-46731-800-766-4673 FREE for assistance.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.”