An Applications Engineer provides technical sales support for all applications of Hexagon products encompassing metrology, demonstration, functionality, and performance. In addition, the AE I is responsible for performing contract programming tasks and product training. All activities must be performed with a strong customer focus to match or exceed our customer expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Sales Support:
- Provide product demonstrations of our hardware and software to prospective customers.
- Effectively communicate benefits of Hexagon’s products for complex metrology applications.
- Assist regional sales team, provide product recommendations for customers’ applications.
- Providing support on events and shows
- Develop, prepare and conduct training classes to customers in machine operations and programming (usually in groups of 5-12 people). Training can happen on our premises or at customer site.
- Create training programs and tools to meet customer’s needs
- Foster participation and relationships with our customers through effective interaction
- Contract Programming
- Prepare detailed technical specifications for quotations
- Create programs ranging from simple inspection to complicated logic based graphical user interfaces based on customer specifications.
- Technical Support
- Provide technical support to our customers both onsite and by phone
- Take a challenging issue from problem statement through to resolution and follow-up.
- Assist engineering and marketing groups in new product development from inception through release
- Software Testing and bugs reporting to developers
- Continuous self-training of our technologies and software, as the company launches new releases and products
- Activity Tracking & Reporting
- Tracking activities in time sheets
- Documenting interventions with customers (service reports/work orders)
- Submitting weekly expense reports
- Bachelor Degree in an Engineering discipline, mathematics, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Average grades of 8.5 and above preferred.
- 2 years minimum experience on dimensional metrology applications.
- Solid knowledge of 3D CAD.
- Proficiency with MS Office.
- Ability to read technical drawings
- Understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Understanding of ISO 10360, ASME B89, and VDI 2617 standards
- Understanding of Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA, GR&R)
- Understanding of uncertainty of measurement calculations
- Understanding of Statistical Process control (SPC)
- Proficiency in programming (any language), VB preferred
- Experience operating and programming dimensional metrology equipment
- Advanced computer skills, configuration and maintenance
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be comfortable speaking before small groups.
Mithilfe eines Netzes von lokalen Servicezentren, Fertigungsstätten und Vertriebsniederlassungen auf fünf Kontinenten sorgen wir für einen intelligenten Wandel in der Fertigung und tragen so zu einer Welt bei, wo mehr Produktivität durch mehr Qualität erreicht wird. Weitere Informationen erhalten Sie auf HexagonMI.com.
Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence ist Teil von Hexagon (Nasdaq Stockholm: HEXA B; hexagon.com), einem weltweit führenden Informationstechnologieanbieter, der für mehr Qualität und Produktivität in georäumlichen und industriellen Unternehmensanwendungen sorgt.