Technical Support Engineer
Irvine, CA, Vereinigte Staaten
Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence, division is seeking a Technical Support Engineer for our Irvine, CA location.
The Technical Support Engineer will provide technical support, sales support, and training for Hexagon's Design and Engineering and Structure Center of Excellence for MSC Software products--Nastran, Marc, Apex and Patran.
- Provide technical support via phone, email, and web communications. Emphasis is in MSC FEA tools, especially MSC Nastran, Marc, Patran, Marc, Apex
- Resolve customer’s technical issues via phone, email, Web and/or on-site interactions.
- Thoroughly document product issues, interact effectively with colleagues in Product Development, sales, support, and other departments.
- Ability to create and/or deliver training classes and technical seminars.
- Drive product evolution and quality via feedback to other groups in the company.
- Define and promote industry best practices leveraging Hexagon/MSC Software tools.
At Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, our spirited energy and engagement are evident in our commitment to our work, passion for what we do and the speed by which we achieve it. Here you will find the opportunity to build your career, develop professionally, and explore opportunities across a large, diversified company that prides itself on its innovative spirit and commitment to integrity.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in mechanical/aerospace engineering or equivalent experience.
- Master’s degree or higher in engineering is highly desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years of recent professional experience in engineering using a commercial FEA tools
- Proficiency with MSC Software Products highly desired -- MSC Nastran, Marc, Dytran, Patran, Marc, APEX
- Experience in Statics, Dynamics, Thermal, Nonlinear, Acoustics, and Aeroelastic analysis
- Experience in acoustic, fluid-structure analysis
- Experience with Composite modeling
- Good general knowledge in the CAE technical field
- Knowledge in dynamics, statics, fatigue and solving large problems.
- Good knowledge of Windows and/or Linux systems with programming skills with python, c++, Fortran, etc.
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Availability to travel and conduct online training as required.
- Highly motivated individuals and work to task completion with little guidance.
We strive to attract the most talented and dynamic individuals in their fields because our success is in our people! Our culture encourages independent thinking and a team mentality. And we offer a competitive benefits package that’s second to none.
Exceptional medical, dental, vision insurances
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
401k with employer match
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Training Opportunities…and so much more!
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ► M/F/Vet/Disability ► E-Verify Participant
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 1-800-766-46731-800-766-4673 FREE for assistance.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.”