Income Tax Manager
Finance and Controlling,
Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence, division is seeking an Income Tax Manager.
At Hexagon, we strive to help industrial manufacturers develop the disruptive technologies of today and the life-changing products of tomorrow. Our strength comes from our global footprint and enormous portfolio of advanced industrial sensors, measurement technologies, factory automation, simulation, and analytics tools.
The Income Tax Manager will be responsible for the overall project and resource management of the US income tax compliance and US consolidated income tax accrual processes. This role will include the calculation of the US consolidated income tax accrual monthly, as well as coordination with the US financial reporting teams to ensure timely booking of the tax entry into the financials. In addition, this role requires the completion and understanding of internal submission of US tax information to the Parent company on a quarterly basis. The Income Tax Manager will also work with other members of the Tax Team and external advisors to ensure compliance on all Federal and income tax filings, including coordination with the SALT Manager relative to State and Local filings, and coordination with the International Manager on completion of the informational filings included in the Consolidated Federal return. The Income Tax Manager will work closely with the entire Hexagon Tax Team to execute various tax planning projects and to ensure those transactions are reporting properly in the books and on the US tax returns.
- Maintain required level of technical knowledge and understanding of impact on the company; including but not limited to 2017 TCJA, 2020 CARES Act, and potential tax reform under President Biden
- Manage U.S. tax compliance projects, working closely with the Hexagon Tax Team, as well as outside tax advisors and service providers
- Manage the preparation of off-cycle, quarterly and year-end tax accrual calculations for the U.S. Consolidated group of entities
- Research, prepare and maintain working papers for various high-profile book-tax differences and other significant tax transactions
- Research and prepare documentation for income tax accrual computations, interim and year-end financial audit inquiries, and departmental policies and procedures
- Preparation of income tax memoranda to support the analysis and conclusion for various complex tax transactions
- Build and maintain relationships within the Company including Financial Reporting, Legal, Development, Sales and Marketing
- Identify process improvements for various tax processes, implement and execute changes for best practices
- Understand and maintain tax accrual calculation software and systems linkages
- Keep abreast of current developments in the tax area, specifically tax reform, and educate others as necessary
- Assist and/or lead other special projects as needed.
At Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, our spirited energy and engagement are evident in our commitment to our work, passion for what we do and the speed by which we achieve it. Here you will find the opportunity to build your career, develop professionally, and explore opportunities across a large, diversified company that prides itself on its innovative spirit and commitment to integrity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance; Master’s in Accounting; CPA required
- 3-5 years of relevant tax experience required; with a U.S. based multinational corporation or Big Four Accounting, or a combination thereof
- Ability to multi-task and handle several priorities simultaneously
- Ability to articulate responsibilities with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to self-audit work product for reasonableness before submission to ensure accuracy
- Self-starter, able to execute well to completion with minimal direction
- Ability to think creatively, highly driven, and self-motivated
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized
- Ability to work with team members
- Strong project management skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Internet Explorer software
- Knowledge of OneSource Tax Provision and/or OneSource Income Tax or similar tax software required
- Knowledge of SAGE Fixed Asset System or similar tax software preferred
We strive to attract the most talented and dynamic individuals in their fields because our success is in our people! Our culture encourages independent thinking and a team mentality. And we offer a competitive benefits package that’s second to none!
Exceptional medical, dental, vision insurances
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
401k with employer match
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ► M/F/Vet/Disability ► E-Verify Participant
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 1-800-766-46731-800-766-4673 FREE for assistance.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.”