Information Design and Development Intern
Novi, MI, Vereinigte Staaten
Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence division is seeking an Information Design and Development Summer Intern for our Novi, MI location. Our interns play an integral role in the success of Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence.
The Information Design and Development (IDD) team works closely with cross-functional teams, including software development, product management, quality assurance, support, and product marketing. Collaborating with a wide variety of roles will give you a unique opportunity to gain insight into different career paths and gain a full understanding of what it takes to develop and deliver various types of content that helps our users learn concepts, improve productivity, and accelerate delivery.Responsibilities:
- Read and analyze existing technical information (documentation and/or training material)
- As a new user identify pain points and suggest improvements to existing content
- Check and define logical procedure to perform required functions on software products
- As per requirement, create graphic aides, figures, videos to be used in documents
- Edit technical information for language and grammar checks
- Ensure customer satisfaction by ensuring that the content is useful, accurate, and user friendly
- Create and/or edit knowledge articles
- Interact with personnel from technical departments to resolve usability issues and information discrepancies
- Migrating content from FrameMaker to Paligo
- Other job-related duties that may be assigned by management from time to time
At Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, our spirited energy and engagement are evident in our commitment to our work, passion for what we do and the speed by which we achieve it. Here you will find the opportunity to build your career, develop professionally, and explore opportunities across a large, diversified company that prides itself on its innovative spirit and commitment to integrity.
- Must be enrolled in a Mechanical, Industrial, or Manufacturing Engineering or other technical degree program and in good academic standing
- Ability to work Monday- Friday, 40 hours per week during the summer break.
- Excellent writing, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Good eye for detail, design, and typography.
- Good understanding of layout, design, and graphics.
- Willingness to accept various assignments, tasks, and responsibilities.
- Self-initiated, quick-learner, proactive, and motivated.
- Basic experience with CAE simulation software such as MSC Nastran, ANSYS, Abaqus, Altair, etc.
We strive to attract the most talented and dynamic individuals in their fields because our success is in our people! Our culture encourages independent thinking and a team mentality. And we offer a competitive benefits package that’s second to none!
Exceptional medical, dental, vision insurances
401k with employer match
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ► M/F/Vet/Disability ► E-Verify Participant.
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 1-800-766-46731-800-766-4673 FREE for assistance.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.”