Finance and Controlling,
North Kingstown, RI, Vereinigte Staaten
Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence division is seeking a Payroll Specialist for our North Kingstown, RI location.
At Hexagon, we strive to help industrial manufacturers develop the disruptive technologies of today and the life-changing products of tomorrow. Our strength comes from our global footprint and enormous portfolio of advanced industrial sensors, measurement technologies, factory automation, simulation, and analytics tools.
Responsible for the accurate preparation, documentation, and distribution of payroll via the payroll system. Reviews the computation of pay and ensures the company payroll policies are in accordance with the government regulations. Responds to and resolves any inquiries regarding paychecks.
- Prepares and processes bi-weekly payroll
- Maintains and documents all payroll records
- Prepares and submits general ledger regarding payroll transactions
- Prepares and processes 401(k) data
- Familiarize and keeps current with the taxation of salaries, benefits, and other factors
- Processes and monitors garnishment orders and other difficult issues that impact payroll specifications
- Collects banking information for direct deposit setup and initiate deposits
- Conducts advanced audits of payroll records
- Detects and processes issues related to uncollected payroll
- Prepares and distributes reports for various deductions, benefits, and employee demographic data
- Receives and uploads various benefit data from vendors
- Setup new states in payroll with tax data as needed
- Processes paperwork from Human Resources
- Subject matter expert and resource to others in payroll processing
- Researches, analyzes, and resolves difficult technical problems or questions presented by employees, management, and outside agency representatives
- Researches and interprets a variety of difficult technical information in response to inquiries
- Liaison with employees, management, administrators in answering questions, providing alternatives, and facilitating decision-making
- Responds verbally or in writing to difficult inquiries, complaints or problems and makes necessary adjustments of a non-routine nature
- Coordinates and interacts with federal and state agencies on specialized issues pertaining to employee compensation and deductions
- Coordinates schedules and conducts training sessions for departmental payroll representatives to explain and update information regarding payroll policies and procedures, state and federal regulations and laws, tracks progress of specialized work projects or department functions
- Initiates payroll processing quality assurance reviews, identifies training issues and problem prone processes to ensure optimal efficiency and error-free operations
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience
- Experience with payroll administration including in-depth understanding of all rules and regulations
- Excellent organizational and mathematical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with MS Office with emphasis in Excel
- Strong Customer Service Skills
- Creative, analytical, and driven
- Works independently as well as in a team environment
At Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, our spirited energy and engagement are evident in our commitment to our work, passion for what we do and the speed by which we achieve it. Here you will find the opportunity to build your career, develop professionally, and explore opportunities across a large, diversified company that prides itself on its innovative spirit and commitment to integrity.
- Associates Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 4 – 7 years related work experience
We strive to attract the most talented and dynamic individuals in their fields because our success is in our people! Our culture encourages independent thinking and a team mentality. And we offer a competitive benefits package that’s second to none.
Exceptional medical, dental, vision insurances
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
401k with employer match
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Training Opportunities…and so much more!
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ► M/F/Vet/Disability ► E-Verify Participant
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 1-800-766-46731-800-766-4673 FREE for assistance.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.”