Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence division is seeking Installation Technicians to service customers throughout the US. The ideal candidates will be located in one of the following areas, Dallas, Detroit, Charlotte, Irvine CA, or Rhode Island.
At Hexagon, we strive to help industrial manufacturers develop the disruptive technologies of today and the life-changing products of tomorrow. Our strength comes from our global footprint and enormous portfolio of advanced industrial sensors, measurement technologies, factory automation, simulation, and analytics tools.
The Installation Technician will provide installation of automation measurement systems onto high-speed conveyor systems. Installation duties to include running conduit, creating drops and final connections, wiring control cabinets and programming PLCs.
- Use a variety of hand tools to install and connect measurement sensors
- Route and connect wiring to industrial control panels
- Fabricate and install conduit with PLC & Network Lines
- Examine building layout to determine best installation plan and practices
- Ability to follow control drawings and conform to customer specifications
- Systems will vary and may include 7 Axis Rails, turntables, various types of safety systems, robots, PLCs and sensors
- On-site service calls to correct problems with Automated High-speed Conveyor systems and robotic systems including Sliders and Turn- tables. Correct the problem to customer’s satisfaction, with minimum production down time
- Ensure prompt preparation and completion of service and expense reporting related to assigned duties
- Provide the highest customer satisfaction representing Hexagon in a professional manner
We strive to attract the most talented and dynamic individuals in their fields because our success is in our people! Our culture encourages independent thinking and a team mentality. And we offer a competitive benefits package that’s second to none!
- Bachelors or Associates Degree in Electronics or Programming preferred or equivalent combination of technical courses and experience
- 2+ years’ experience with Electrical installation, troubleshooting and system debugging
- Preferred; knowledge of Robotic language and interfacing and programing, PLC knowledge, In-Line/Off-Line Simulation, I/O capabilities, and communication
- Requires in depth knowledge of electrical skills along with measurement and automation disciplines
- Must be self-motivated, highly detail-oriented and organized, capable of working independently
- Excellent customer service, verbal, and written communication skills
- Extensive travel – 100%
- Lifting of up to 100 lbs. with proper lifting equipment
Exceptional medical, dental, vision insurances
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
401k with employer match
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ► M/F/Vet/Disability ► E-Verify Participant
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 1-800-766-46731-800-766-4673 FREE for assistance.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.”