Engineering Software Applications Architect
Research and Development,
Hexagon's Manufacturing Intelligence division is seeking an Engineering Software Applications Architect. The ideal candidate will be in Irvine, CA, Detroit, MI, Cincinnati, OH, Pittsburgh, PA, or Rhode Island.At Hexagon, we strive to help industrial manufacturers develop the disruptive technologies of today and the life-changing products of tomorrow. Our strength comes from our global footprint and enormous portfolio of advanced industrial sensors, measurement technologies, factory automation, simulation, and analytics tools.
The Engineering Software Applications Architect will architect MSC Nastran system infrastructure for high-performance CAE simulation. Engage with customers at technical level to document complex use cases and translate them into high-level software specification. Author design documents, lead project teams, perform coding to implement designs, test developed capabilities and assist in correcting any deficiencies. Manage and lead project from inception through delivery.
- Perform design, implementation, system integration, documentation, and unit/system testing of Nastran’s Infrastructure system
- Project and technical management
- Author project and user documentation
- Correct defects in Nastran
- Ensure all deliverables meet established Product Quality Metrics and Guidelines
- Assist QA and Project Testing teams with benchmarking and certification to ensure a successful and timely product release
- Provide second-line support to MSC application/support engineers
- May be asked to assist technical marketing and business development teams
- Advanced Graduate degree in Computer Science or Engineering Math with an emphasis in architecting and developing high-performance CAE engineering software.
- Minimum 3 years of designing and developing CAE Software experience
- Minimum 3 years overall experience in building applications leveraging HPC
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in leading software development projects, producing functional and technical design specification leading to successful deployment.
- Minimum 3 years programing experience in C/C++/Fortran/Python
- Experience in agile software engineering methodologies and practices
- Software System Design
- Demonstrated CAE software systems architecture expertise on a commercial product
- Experience in developing and deploying CAE/CFD applications on the cloud (AWS, AZURE and Google Cloud)
- Re-architecting of legacy software systems
- Database caching strategies
- Usage of modern SQL and NoSQL databases
- Designing for distributed data processing
- C/C++/Fortran/Python/MATLAB programming experience
- Must be willing to program in any of the above languages or all
At Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, our spirited energy and engagement are evident in our commitment to our work, passion for what we do and the speed by which we achieve it. Here you will find the opportunity to build your career, develop professionally, and explore opportunities across a large, diversified company that prides itself on its innovative spirit and commitment to integrity.
- Experience Preferred in:
- Technical leadership in architecting CAE programs
- Strong experience in re-architecting legacy software systems for scalable CAE software
- General knowledge of CAE/CFD Software like SC/Flow, Fluent, Nastran, ADAMS, Ansys, Abaqus or Patran helpful.
We strive to attract the most talented and dynamic individuals in their fields because our success is in our people! Our culture encourages independent thinking and a team mentality.
Exceptional medical, dental, vision insurances
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
401k with employer match
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ► M/F/Vet/Disability ► E-Verify Participant
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 1-800-766-46731-800-766-4673 FREE for assistance.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.”