Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence, division is seeking a Technical Support Engineer for our Irvine, CA location.At Hexagon, we strive to help industrial manufacturers develop the disruptive technologies of today and the life-changing products of tomorrow. Our strength comes from our global footprint and enormous portfolio of advanced industrial sensors, measurement technologies, factory automation, simulation, and analytics tools.
The Technical Support Engineer will provide technical support, sales support, and training for MSC's FEA product lines, with emphasis on MSC Nastran and Patran.
- Provide technical support via phone, email, and web communications. Emphasis is in MSC FEA tools, especially MSC Nastran, Patran, Marc, Apex
- Resolve customer’s technical issues via phone, email, Web and/or on-site interactions.
- Thoroughly document product issues, interact effectively with colleagues in Product Development, sales, support, and other departments.
- Ability to create and/or deliver training classes and technical seminars.
- Drive product evolution and quality via feedback to other groups in the company.
- Define and promote industry best practices leveraging MSC’s tools.
At Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, our spirited energy and engagement are evident in our commitment to our work, passion for what we do and the speed by which we achieve it. Here you will find the opportunity to build your career, develop professionally, and explore opportunities across a large, diversified company that prides itself on its innovative spirit and commitment to integrity.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in mechanical/aerospace engineering or equivalent experience.
- Master’s degree or higher in engineering is highly desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years of recent professional experience in engineering using a commercial FEA tools
- Proficiency with MSC Software Products highly desired -- MSC Nastran, Patran, Marc, APEX
- Experience in statics, dynamics, thermal, nonlinear, and Aero elastic analysis
- Experience in acoustic, fluid-structure analysis
- Experience with Composite modeling
- Good general knowledge in the CAE technical field
- Knowledge in dynamics, statics, fatigue and solving large problems.
- Knowledge of Nastran and other MSC products is required.
- Good knowledge of Windows and/or Linux systems with programming skills with python, etc.
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Availability to travel and conduct online training as required.
- Highly motivated individuals and work to task completion with little guidance.
We strive to attract the most talented and dynamic individuals in their fields because our success is in our people! Our culture encourages independent thinking and a team mentality. And we offer a competitive benefits package that’s second to none!
Exceptional medical, dental, vision insurances
401k with generous employer match
Pre-tax Benefits Accounts (HSA, FSA, DFSA)
Flexible Paid Time Off Programs
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ► M/F/Vet/Disability ► E-Verify Participant
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 1-800-766-46731-800-766-4673 FREE for assistance.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.”