Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence division is seeking a Hypersonics Development Engineer on a remote basis.
At Hexagon, we strive to help industrial manufacturers develop the disruptive technologies of today and the life-changing products of tomorrow. Our strength comes from our global footprint and enormous portfolio of advanced industrial sensors, measurement technologies, factory automation, simulation, and analytics tools.
The Hypersonics Development Engineer will design and implement a multi-physics modeling and simulation framework with a focus on aero-thermo-elastic design and analysis of hypersonic vehicles. Engage with customers at a technical level to document use cases and translate them into high-level software specifications. Author design documents, perform coding to implement designs, test developed capabilities, and assist in correcting any deficiencies. Manage and lead projects from inception through delivery. The candidate will be expected to eventually take on the role of hypersonics technical domain expert at the company.
- Perform design, implementation, system integration, documentation, and unit/system testing of Nastran’s Hypersonics Solution
- Support high Mach number aerodynamics in Nastran
- Project and technical management
- Serve as the hypersonics technical domain expert for Design & Engineering product portfolio.
- Author project and user documentation.
- Assist Product Management, Marketing and Field Teams in promoting MSC Hypersonics product portfolio.
- Work with different teams to advance Nastran Pre- and Post- support.
- Correct defects in Nastran
- Ensure all deliverables meet established Product Quality Metrics and Guidelines.
- Assist QA and Project Testing teams with benchmarking and certification to ensure a successful and timely product release.
- Provide second-line support to MSC application/support engineers.
- May be asked to assist technical marketing and business development teams.
Experience Preferred in:
- Advanced Graduate degree in Aerodynamics, Mechanical, Structural Engineering or Applied Mechanics with an emphasis in the development of multi-physics simulation tools and methods for Hypersonic Vehicles (HV).
- Minimum 3 years related industry experience in developing multi-physics simulation tools for hypersonic vehicles.
- Minimum 3 years overall experience in modeling and simulation analysis of high-speed aerodynamics.
- Minimum 3 years programming experience in C/C++/Fortran/Python
- Experience with aero-structure, or aero-thermal co-simulation analysis
- Knowledge of panel-based aeroelasticity methods for low-high mach numbers
- Coupling of CFD programs with Finite Element codes for Fluid-Structure Interaction simulation
- Strong experience in some/most of the following disciplines: hypersonic aerodynamics, CFD, thermo-physics, heat transfer, ablation, and fluid mechanics.
At Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, our spirited energy and engagement are evident in our commitment to our work, passion for what we do and the speed by which we achieve it. Here you will find the opportunity to build your career, develop professionally, and explore opportunities across a large, diversified company that prides itself on its innovative spirit and commitment to integrity.
- Technical leadership in hypersonic simulation methods development
- COTS scientific software development
- General knowledge of SC/Flow, Fluent, Nastran, ADAMS, Ansys, Abaqus or Patran
We strive to attract the most talented and dynamic individuals in their fields because our success is in our people! Our culture encourages independent thinking and a team mentality. And we offer a competitive benefits package that’s second to none!
Exceptional medical, dental, vision insurances
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
401k with employer match
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Training Opportunities…and so much more!
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ► M/F/Vet/Disability ► E-Verify Participant
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 1-800-766-46731-800-766-4673 FREE for assistance.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.”