Associate Implementation Engineer
Engineering, Irvine, CA, Vereinigte Staaten
This role is remote but must be located in the US.
The Associate Implementation Engineer position is an ideal position for candidates with experience or interest in Software Implementation &/or a scientific or engineering background. The candidate should have a passion for how Materials will help customers innovate. Having some background in information technology is beneficial.
The candidate will work with our Global Services & Sales teams:
- Implementing MSC Software’s state of the art Materials process & data management system, supporting customers to solve engineering problems related to material management and process improvements as well as help customers manage materials test, design and simulation engineering data.
- Working closely with our customers to understand their materials requirements and needs, implementing a materials solution and training them to use the solution. Acting as a liaison between the customer and product development providing new requirements and improving the MaterialCenter family of products
- Designing, configuring and delivering materials solutions to our customers.
- You will be part of a project team of consultants, software engineers and product specialists delivering our materials solutions to key customers.
- You will be making recommendations on how to implement MaterialCenter products for all aspects of materials data, processes and systems within a customer environment.
- You will be managing customer projects ensuring successful roll out & deployment.
- Working with the sales team in pre-sales activities for selling the product.
- Work with the MaterialCenter team to contribute and prepare proposals.
- Traveling to customers for meetings, implementation and training sessions in the United States, Europe and Asia.
- Implement customer specific processes into MaterialCenter. This may involve integration using scripting of customer in-house or commercial applications.
- Provides customer support functions enabling our customers to do more with MaterialCenter.
As a candidate, you will work with a highly motivated team and top tier customers. You will be directly responsible for the success of our solutions at our customers, helping them to become more efficient and innovate quicker. *May work on-site at client facilities with minimal supervision.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering. Additionally, second degrees such as Materials Science Engineering, or equivalent are highly beneficial. Advanced degree preferred.
- Required - Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required for working with customers, proposal preparation, project planning, report writing and presentations.
- Required - Entry level experience w/ material science. Practical knowledge and use of materials in design is desired.
- Required – A self-starter that has an organized approach with demonstrate able project manage skills and the ability to work to deadlines.
- Required - Exceptional engineering analytical skills demonstrating the ability to validate software analysis of real world problems.
- Required - Expertise in materials and/or software for managing materials data..
- Required - General, working knowledge of scripting (Perl, Bourne, DOS) and Excel macros
- Preferred - Experience with CAE structural, thermal or CFD simulation tools (Nastran, Marc, Ansys, Abaqus, Fluent, CFX, etc) as well as CAD tools (Solidworks, NX, Catia, Pro/E-Creo, etc).
- Preferred - experience in programming Java, SQL, VB, VBA, C++
- Preferred - familiarity with web application components (DB – Oracle, Postgres, MSSQL, Web Server – Apache Tomcat, OS – Linux & Windows)
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 1-800-766-46731-800-766-4673 FREE for assistance.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.”