General Management, Frankreich
Location: La Frette, France
The General Manager defines the business, financial and Human Resources strategies of the business unit and anticipates market shifts
The General Manager will report to the VP Sales EMEA
Tasks in more detail:
- Elaborate general company policy: business, marketing and financial development
- Follow the competitive environment of the company and ensure benchmarking in the company’s line of business
- Find new lines of business to invest in to increase financial turnover
- Invest in technologies allowing to optimize productivity of the teams
- Manage the replies to invitations to tender and participate in the elaboration of strategic directives
- Adjust company organization according to budget and team needs
- Ensure the company visibility in the market at all times, in particular by external communications
- Maintain the company culture and federate the teams around a common project
- Maintain close relations with the group
- Be the guarantor of the company quality certifications
- Define the business policy and strategy
- Analyse the market and set the turnover and margin objectives according to the market
- Define the Human Resources, tools and investment needs
- Develop French and European turnover
- Manage 6 laboratory directors, the portable device activity, Sales team and other teams
- Organise and manage the Sales and general meetings
- Supervise the company budget management and monthly follow-up of profitability, working with Sematec Financial Services
- Follow up investments
- Negotiate group contract tariffs: machine repairs, purchase of software, …
- Manage and negotiate external suppliers
- Organize and analyse HR interviews: professional and annual employee reviews
- Prepare annual training programs
- Lead the CODIR meetings
- Organize and guide the CSE meetings
- Working with the Quality Manager, be active with the Quality System
- Ideally extensive experience in a similar role from within the metrology industry or 10+ years as GM within industrial manufacturing
- Fluent French and English
- Capacity to manage a company and good knowledge of Management, Finance, Accounting, …
- Metrology industry knowledge preferred
Information you submit as part of your application must be true, accurate, complete and not misleading. You understand that any false or misleading statements or omissions made by you during the application process, including your application and interviews, may be sufficient cause to justify the rejection of your application or, if you have already become an employee, the immediate termination of your employment, subject to due process.
When you provide us with information about any other third party as part of the recruitment process (e.g. referees) then, before providing us with such information, you must inform the relevant individuals that you will disclose their personal data to us and provide a copy of this notice to them.
We will only process your personal data for the specific purpose of processing and managing your application. In particular we process candidates’ personal data to:
- Undertake recruitment activities, such as determining the suitability of a candidate’s qualifications.
- Assist us in managing external providers. (e.g. recruitment agencies)
- Manage our HR records and Update the Hexagon employee database.
- Reply to an official request from a public or judicial authority with the necessary authorisation.
- Comply with any legal obligation imposed on Hexagon in relation to its recruitment practice.
It is our policy to retain your details for 12 months during which your candidacy will be assessed against other potential opportunities. Prior to the expiration of that 12 month period you will be notified of the impending deletion and you will be given a choice to remain on our database for a further 12 months. At any time during the recruitment process you can request your data to be deleted from our database. You are always able to apply to any position advertised by Hexagon once more.
Note: in some countries we are legally obliged to keep your information for a longer period to comply with governmental reporting. In these cases we will be unable to delete your full details from our records.About Hexagon
Hexagon is a global leader in sensor, software and autonomous solutions. We are putting data to work to boost efficiency, productivity, and quality across industrial, manufacturing, infrastructure, safety, and mobility applications.
Our technologies are shaping urban and production ecosystems to become increasingly connected and autonomous – ensuring a scalable, sustainable future.
Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence division provides solutions that utilise data from design and engineering, production and metrology to make manufacturing smarter.