Cloud Operations Support Lead
Technical Service and Support,
Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence (HMI) is looking for Cloud Operational Support Engineers to join the CSOC team in Pune, India. These engineers are part of a group whose mission is to provide 24/7 operational support of the pool of software’s software solutions hosted on the HMI’s Cloud portal and respond to all support requests and work with the customer, the infrastructure team, DevOps team, external data providers and internal development teams to drive issues to resolution.
This position is accountable for the development and implementation of processes to manage support operations, assist in technical standards development, assist in architecture development, leadership, and employee development. As a team lead, this role is responsible for the hands-on Technology services for operations and delivery of Cloud solutions. The role will collaborate with Engineering/Product Development, Architecture, Application Development, DevOps team, service providers, and various infrastructure and operations groups to create and support an operational environment for new and existing services supported by HMI’s Cloud Infrastructure/solutions/offerings.
Roles and Responsibilities for Cloud Operational Support Team Lead
• First line responsibility for the day-to-day support operations of our Cloud Services including software deployment and upgrades, system setup, system administration, monitoring, incident resolution, problem management, configuration and change management, service desk, capacity planning, availability management, disaster recovery and routine update of services.
• Ensures timely liaison with vendors and internal teams regarding problems, fixes, and required enhancements
• Help creates and maintains support strategies related to Cloud Infrastructure and Cloud Services throughout the enterprise ensuring all performance and cost curves are closely managed
• Oversees and directs the timely evaluation, qualification, and implementation of the support processes for new software products, tools, and related appliances as it pertains to the Cloud environment
• Expand and manage the monitoring tooling being used to provide a holistic monitoring solution for the Cloud Infrastructure and Services.
• Create and maintain operational runbooks for the Cloud offerings
• 7+ years or more of IT Service Management, data center, server, and storage management, virtualization, Citrix, networking, systems management, and/or project management are recommended,
• Standard Infrastructure Experience: Monitoring, DNS, DHCP, Linux & Windows Server, Backups, and Disaster Recovery
• Provide ongoing technical support and maintenance of production and development systems and software products (both remote and onsite) and for configured services running on various platforms (operating within a defined operating model and processes).
• Collaborate with Infra and DevOps team to diagnose and resolve issues as needed using documented Runbooks
• Enter, disposition and track trouble tickets against HMI applications, internal/external services, and third-party providers
• Create and maintain operational runbooks and documentation
• Onboarding of customers
Required Knowledge, skills, and qualities
• Graduate/Post-Graduate, with a 5-7 years’ work experience in the Cloud Operations support
• 7+ years or more of IT Service Management, data center, server, and storage management, virtualization, Citrix, networking, systems management, and/or project management are recommended
• Technical understanding of SaaS based hosting environments or a background within a 24x7 Cloud SOC (Service Operations Centre) or environment
• Technical understanding of Cloud environments, preferably with hands on experience of Microsoft Azure, DevOps and Solution Architect experience is plus
• Experience monitoring and maintaining Cloud infrastructures
• System Administration experience with complex systems running on Linux and Windows operating systems
• ITILv3/v4 Certification a plus
• Real-world exposure to incident management, problem management, change management, and a strong understanding of SLAs
• Strong crisis management skills - able to lead, direct others and remain calm in stressful situations
• Ability to assess and respond to monitoring tools and alerts
• Knowledge and experience in multi-platform technology environments
• Experience of Service Management ticketing tools (such as SFDC, JIRA, Service Now or equivalent) is added plus
• Flexibility to work in shifts and provide support 24X7
• Confident, self-assured, and proactive, with strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent communications skills - verbal, written and presentation
Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence unterstützt die herstellende Industrie bei der Entwicklung der bahnbrechenden Technologien von heute und der revolutionären Produkte von morgen. Als führender Anbieter von mess- und fertigungstechnischen Lösungen haben wir große Erfahrung im Wahrnehmen, Denken und Handeln, d. h. im Erfassen, Analysieren und aktiven Nutzen von Messdaten. Unsere Kunden profitieren von einer höheren Fertigungsgeschwindigkeit, einer schneller wachsenden Produktivität und gleichzeitig steigender Produktqualität.
Mithilfe eines Netzes von lokalen Servicezentren, Fertigungsstätten und Vertriebsniederlassungen auf fünf Kontinenten sorgen wir für einen intelligenten Wandel in der Fertigung und tragen so zu einer Welt bei, wo mehr Produktivität durch mehr Qualität erreicht wird. Weitere Informationen erhalten Sie auf HexagonMI.com.
Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence ist Teil von Hexagon (Nasdaq Stockholm: HEXA B; hexagon.com), einem weltweit führenden Informationstechnologieanbieter, der für mehr Qualität und Produktivität in georäumlichen und industriellen Unternehmensanwendungen sorgt.