Research and Development, Deutschland
The Software Developer will be responsible for the implementation, documentation and testing of code contributing in software solutions related to 3d metrology within our software toolchains for our whitelight sensors. Following agile development practices, the candidate will work with a small team of developers to maintain and improve functionality and performance of SDKs and related software metrology applications in C++.
This role will report to the Software Development Team Leader.
Tasks in more detail:
- Develop new requirements into well-designed software solutions with an eye on performance and maintainability
- Troubleshoot, test, and debug code that is not giving desired results
- Convert real-world concepts and ideas into actionable numeric algorithms in code
- Support and extend existing long-term code bases
- Maintain or develop supporting tools such as software installers or other internal software tools
- Refactor existing code for improved maintainability
- Optimize code to improve performance or reduce computer resource use
- Work in a source-controlled team development environment, aware of the needs of teammates
- Document development work through a software development tracking database
- Work with real-world hardware and analyse results to gauge correctness of algorithms and code
- University Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, e.g. Mathematics or Physics
- 4 -5 years of relevant work experience in software development
- Advanced experience working with C++, STL and Visual Studio
- Knowledge of object-oriented software development techniques and common design patterns
- Familiar in working with source control systems
- Professional German language skills and professional English language skills
- Experience with DevOps and development methodology for portable code (Windows/Linux)
- Experience in image processing algorithm development
- Experience in CUDA development
- Experience in working with Scrum
- Development of cutting-edge technology solutions in a growing and future oriented market
- Open communication, flat hierarchies and the possibility to contribute with your own ideas
- Flexible working hours and possibility of mobile work
- Working place in attractive and highly sought after location in the South of Germany at the border to Austria and Switzerland
Information you submit as part of your application must be true, accurate, complete and not misleading. You understand that any false or misleading statements or omissions made by you during the application process, including your application and interviews, may be sufficient cause to justify the rejection of your application or, if you have already become an employee, the immediate termination of your employment, subject to due process.
When you provide us with information about any other third party as part of the recruitment process (e.g. referees) then, before providing us with such information, you must inform the relevant individuals that you will disclose their personal data to us and provide a copy of this notice to them.
We will only process your personal data for the specific purpose of processing and managing your application. In particular we process candidates’ personal data to:
- Undertake recruitment activities, such as determining the suitability of a candidate’s qualifications.
- Assist us in managing external providers. (e.g. recruitment agencies)
- Manage our HR records and Update the Hexagon employee database.
- Reply to an official request from a public or judicial authority with the necessary authorisation.
- Comply with any legal obligation imposed on Hexagon in relation to its recruitment practice.
It is our policy to retain your details for 12 months during which your candidacy will be assessed against other potential opportunities. Prior to the expiration of that 12 month period you will be notified of the impending deletion and you will be given a choice to remain on our database for a further 12 months. At any time during the recruitment process you can request your data to be deleted from our database. You are always able to apply to any position advertised by Hexagon once more.
Note: in some countries we are legally obliged to keep your information for a longer period to comply with governmental reporting. In these cases we will be unable to delete your full details from our records.About Hexagon
Hexagon is a global leader in sensor, software and autonomous solutions. We are putting data to work to boost efficiency, productivity, and quality across industrial, manufacturing, infrastructure, safety, and mobility applications.
Our technologies are shaping urban and production ecosystems to become increasingly connected and autonomous – ensuring a scalable, sustainable future.
Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence division provides solutions that utilise data from design and engineering, production and metrology to make manufacturing smarter.