Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence, division is seeking a Sr. Software Test Engineer. This is a US based position and can be located at one of the following locations, Detroit, Milwaukee, Kent, WA, Irvine, CA, Irving, TX, or Rhode Island.
At Hexagon, we strive to help industrial manufacturers develop the disruptive technologies of today and the life-changing products of tomorrow. Our strength comes from our global footprint and enormous portfolio of advanced industrial sensors, measurement technologies, factory automation, simulation, and analytics tools.
The position of Senior Software Test Engineer is part of the quality assurance team responsible for ensuring PC-DMIS is delivered on time with minimal defects in support of the hardware products produced by Hexagon Metrology.
- Supports organizational policies related to safety, environmental protection, housekeeping, etc. within area of responsibility.
- Supports and participates in continuous improvement activities that positively affect safety, the environment, quality, reliability, and productivity or improve the overall suitability and effectiveness of the management system, its processes, and products
- Assists in the improvement and quality assurance of PC-DMIS including but not limited to Dimensional Analysis, CMM, NC, Vision, and Offline applications
- Assist in developing plans for continuous improvement
- Scope of testing to include functional and automated tests, C# coding required
- Develop Automated test programs that validate GD&T
- Occasional travel to customer sites for customer support purposes
- Ability to design and implement efficient test cases, both logical and physical
- Experience with software test tools is beneficial
- Document both test procedures and results obtained to convey meaningful information to the development team
- Maintain positive customer relationships through effective interaction
- Consults with customers and incorporates needs and feedback into software designs
- Provide occasional technical support to customers
- Ensures programs/applications work properly after maintenance and testing
- Analyze and edit existing programs/applications as needed to optimize performance
- Take a challenging issue from problem statement through to resolution and follow-up
- Keep up with advancements in software engineering and new technologies
- Collaborate with engineering and marketing groups on product development projects
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Support organizational policies related to safety, environmental protection, housekeeping
At Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, our spirited energy and engagement are evident in our commitment to our work, passion for what we do and the speed by which we achieve it. Here you will find the opportunity to build your career, develop professionally, and explore opportunities across a large, diversified company that prides itself on its innovative spirit and commitment to integrity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering discipline, Mathematics, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 5 years’ experience in Manufacturing Engineering, Quality Engineering, or similar environment
- Comfortable speaking before small groups
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with MS Office
- Some domestic travel may be required (10%)
We strive to attract the most talented and dynamic individuals in their fields because our success is in our people! Our culture encourages independent thinking and a team mentality. And we offer a competitive benefits package that’s second to none!
Exceptional medical, dental, vision insurances
401k with generous employer match
Pre-tax Benefits Accounts (HSA, FSA, DFSA)
Flexible Paid Time Off Programs
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ► M/F/Vet/Disability ► E-Verify Participant
Information you submit as part of your application must be true, accurate, complete and not misleading. You understand that any false or misleading statements or omissions made by you during the application process, including your application and interviews, may be sufficient cause to justify the rejection of your application or, if you have already become an employee, the immediate termination of your employment, subject to due process.
When you provide us with information about any other third party as part of the recruitment process (e.g. referees) then, before providing us with such information, you must inform the relevant individuals that you will disclose their personal data to us and provide a copy of this notice to them.
We will only process your personal data for the specific purpose of processing and managing your application. In particular we process candidates’ personal data to:
- Undertake recruitment activities, such as determining the suitability of a candidate’s qualifications.
- Assist us in managing external providers. (e.g. recruitment agencies)
- Manage our HR records and Update the Hexagon employee database.
- Reply to an official request from a public or judicial authority with the necessary authorisation.
- Comply with any legal obligation imposed on Hexagon in relation to its recruitment practice.
It is our policy to retain your details for 12 months during which your candidacy will be assessed against other potential opportunities. Prior to the expiration of that 12 month period you will be notified of the impending deletion and you will be given a choice to remain on our database for a further 12 months. At any time during the recruitment process you can request your data to be deleted from our database. You are always able to apply to any position advertised by Hexagon once more.
Note: in some countries we are legally obliged to keep your information for a longer period to comply with governmental reporting. In these cases we will be unable to delete your full details from our records.
Hexagon is a global leader in sensor, software and autonomous solutions. We are putting data to work to boost efficiency, productivity, and quality across industrial, manufacturing, infrastructure, safety, and mobility applications.
Our technologies are shaping urban and production ecosystems to become increasingly connected and autonomous – ensuring a scalable, sustainable future.
Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence division provides solutions that utilise data from design and engineering, production and metrology to make manufacturing smarter.
Learn more about Hexagon (Nasdaq Stockholm: HEXA B) at hexagon.com and follow us @HexagonAB.
Note: in some countries we are legally obliged to keep your information for a longer period to comply with governmental reporting. In these cases, we will be unable to delete your full details from our records.
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 1-800-766-46731-800-766-4673 FREE for assistance.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.”