Product Manager Marc
Product Management and Business Development, United States
Role and responsibilitiesReporting to the VP of Product Management, the Marc Product Manager is responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including:
- Market Validation – Develop a deep understanding of the market, customer needs, and competition, identify market opportunities, and build business cases collaboratively with product development and business development teams to evaluate ROI and support investment decisions.
- Product Strategy – Maintain a clear and shared product vision, product competitive positioning, target market segments, and product strategy, ultimately documented in the product roadmap, motivate build/buy/partner decisions and support partnership engagements.
- Product Definition – Define market requirements, product requirements and backlog priorities, product performance benchmarks, product value proposition, positioning, packaging, and pricing, and support the development of interface mockups and early prototypes to validate product ideas.
- Product Plan Execution – Lead the execution of the product plan collaborating internally with product design, product development, marketing, sales, and support teams to ensure successful product development, launch, and go-to-market, and collaborating externally with customers to validate product concepts, gather customer feedback, and ensure product/market fit.
- Product Performance – Evaluate customer satisfaction, product market share, and report on product financial performance.
The Product Manager’s responsibility includes delivering on product revenue and customer satisfaction goals, as well as ensuring that the product supports the company’s overall corporate strategy and goals. As such, the role is highly visible in the company, working closely with the leadership team of the Center of Excellence (CoE), as well as assisting the executive team with long-term corporate strategy development.
Required skills and qualifications
- 10+ years of CAE/CAD industry experience
- Domain knowledge:
- Deep knowledge of physics-based modeling & simulation (finite element analysis), especially for solids and structures. MS or Ph.D in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Understanding of the MSC Structures portfolio and/or equivalent competitive products
- Experience with software development:
- Proven ability to author product strategy, product requirement specifications, product positioning documents, and to review highly technical CAE product design document.
- Track record in developing strategic roadmaps and architecting solutions.
- Experience with waterfall and agile software development processes
- Excellent combination of business, marketing, and technology skills to make the best strategic and product tradeoffs.
- Cross-functional influencer – Work internally with virtual teams with colleagues across the organization and externally with partners and customers
- Cheerleader – Be the ultimate champion for Marc by supporting the sales teams to deliver successes and working with the product teams to address customers’ needs.
- Customer focused – Strong customer presence, interaction, and presentation skills.
- Team player – Collaborate with and support the Industry Solutions team develop cross-business unit solutions to ensure overall company success.
- Self-motivated Leader & Problem Solver – Proven ability to find solutions to various problems (technical, organizational, resources etc.) working within a large, evolving, multinational organization.
- Global travel and flexible workhours will be required.
Information you submit as part of your application must be true, accurate, complete and not misleading. You understand that any false or misleading statements or omissions made by you during the application process, including your application and interviews, may be sufficient cause to justify the rejection of your application or, if you have already become an employee, the immediate termination of your employment, subject to due process.
When you provide us with information about any other third party as part of the recruitment process (e.g. referees) then, before providing us with such information, you must inform the relevant individuals that you will disclose their personal data to us and provide a copy of this notice to them.
We will only process your personal data for the specific purpose of processing and managing your application. In particular we process candidates’ personal data to:
- Undertake recruitment activities, such as determining the suitability of a candidate’s qualifications.
- Assist us in managing external providers. (e.g. recruitment agencies)
- Manage our HR records and Update the Hexagon employee database.
- Reply to an official request from a public or judicial authority with the necessary authorisation.
- Comply with any legal obligation imposed on Hexagon in relation to its recruitment practice.
It is our policy to retain your details for 12 months during which your candidacy will be assessed against other potential opportunities. Prior to the expiration of that 12 month period you will be notified of the impending deletion and you will be given a choice to remain on our database for a further 12 months. At any time during the recruitment process you can request your data to be deleted from our database. You are always able to apply to any position advertised by Hexagon once more.
Note: in some countries we are legally obliged to keep your information for a longer period to comply with governmental reporting. In these cases we will be unable to delete your full details from our records.
Hexagon is a global leader in sensor, software and autonomous solutions. We are putting data to work to boost efficiency, productivity, and quality across industrial, manufacturing, infrastructure, safety, and mobility applications.
Our technologies are shaping urban and production ecosystems to become increasingly connected and autonomous – ensuring a scalable, sustainable future.
Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence division provides solutions that utilise data from design and engineering, production and metrology to make manufacturing smarter.
Note: in some countries we are legally obliged to keep your information for a longer period to comply with governmental reporting. In these cases, we will be unable to delete your full details from our records.
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 1-800-766-46731-800-766-4673 FREE for assistance.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.”