Automotive Application Engineer
Novi, MI, United States
This role can be located in Novi, MI or Orange County, CA.
We Invented CAE!
MSC Software was the first company to commercialize Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) software. The race for space has not slowed down since our inception over 50 years ago and neither have we. Today, the push towards Hypersonic, Electric and Autonomous Vehicles has us moving even faster. Advances in computational hardware and software provide more opportunities to solve even harder problems. But we need your help to get us there.
Join the Team!
The MSC Technical Team is responsible for ensuring the ongoing technical success of our customers in their use of our software. Work with our diverse customer base across a multitude of industries and disciplines on some of the most interesting and challenging projects.
This critical function is responsible for developing new and existing customers by engaging technical teams in the launch, adoption, and growth of our entire portfolio. We work with the rest of the MSC organization to uncover new ways to make MSC products more valuable for our customers – solving both technical and business problems.
What You’ll Do!
- Work independently with area customers to support the proper use of the products, expand user growth, and increase product diversification of MSC products in order to maintain a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- Manage the technical sale – develop clear understanding of customer needs, success criteria, budget constraints, timing, etc. Work to develop technical content (i.e. presentations, demonstrations, benchmarks, etc.) that deliver proof of business value for MSC’s products.
- Provide technical account management for assigned strategic accounts.
- Assist sales team in understanding the technical requirements and technical decision criteria of prospective clients. Develop and manage implementation plans for new MSC customers.
- Work with sales team and technical management to develop territory support plans and manage the technical activities of key accounts.
- Deliver application consulting to strategic clients that includes the use of MSC products applied to specific moderately complex customer analysis problems.
- Teach product training classes, customized classes, give seminars on new product releases.
- Have the technical ability, communication skills and confidence to deliver quickstarts/mentoring.
- Provide support of local and regional sales efforts to ensure achievement and growth of quarterly revenue goals.
What We’re Looking For!
- Minimum of 3+ years of professional experience with multi-domain CAE simulations.
- Excellent FEA background a must - Experience should include use of MSC Nastran and/or MSC Marc as a minimum.
- Preferred: Knowledge of one or more MSC products, which may include Nastran, Marc, Apex, Patran, Adams, Dytran, EASY-5, Actran, Digimat, Cradle, Simufact, ELM, FTI, VTD, Romax
- Experience with a similar suite of engineering analysis software considered for exceptional candidates.
- Good understanding of CAE and analytical simulation workflows supporting the Automotive, Aerospace, Electronics, Consumer Products, Medical or Off-highway industries.
- Programming knowledge (Python required; Matlab, DOS or bash beneficial) and familiarity with APIs, script writing and XML.
- Project management knowledge and application experience.
- Moderate knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent English communication is required.
- Availability to travel (up to 50%).
- Work to task completion including occasional off-hours and/or weekend hours as needed.
- Strong analytical skills, results-driven with a bias for speed and action
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work in a team environment
- Good problem identification and problem-solving skills
- Experience building and maintaining relationships, while working to mitigate churn and drive engagement and renewals.
- Empathetic, positive attitude with a desire to help our customers reach their goals.
- Ability to learn, grow and adapt to changing work requirements.
Information you submit as part of your application must be true, accurate, complete and not misleading. You understand that any false or misleading statements or omissions made by you during the application process, including your application and interviews, may be sufficient cause to justify the rejection of your application or, if you have already become an employee, the immediate termination of your employment, subject to due process.
When you provide us with information about any other third party as part of the recruitment process (e.g. referees) then, before providing us with such information, you must inform the relevant individuals that you will disclose their personal data to us and provide a copy of this notice to them.
We will only process your personal data for the specific purpose of processing and managing your application. In particular we process candidates’ personal data to:
- Undertake recruitment activities, such as determining the suitability of a candidate’s qualifications.
- Assist us in managing external providers. (e.g. recruitment agencies)
- Manage our HR records and Update the Hexagon employee database.
- Reply to an official request from a public or judicial authority with the necessary authorisation.
- Comply with any legal obligation imposed on Hexagon in relation to its recruitment practice.
It is our policy to retain your details for 12 months during which your candidacy will be assessed against other potential opportunities. Prior to the expiration of that 12 month period you will be notified of the impending deletion and you will be given a choice to remain on our database for a further 12 months. At any time during the recruitment process you can request your data to be deleted from our database. You are always able to apply to any position advertised by Hexagon once more.
Note: in some countries we are legally obliged to keep your information for a longer period to comply with governmental reporting. In these cases we will be unable to delete your full details from our records.
Hexagon is a global leader in sensor, software and autonomous solutions. We are putting data to work to boost efficiency, productivity, and quality across industrial, manufacturing, infrastructure, safety, and mobility applications.
Our technologies are shaping urban and production ecosystems to become increasingly connected and autonomous – ensuring a scalable, sustainable future.
Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence division provides solutions that utilise data from design and engineering, production and metrology to make manufacturing smarter.
Note: in some countries we are legally obliged to keep your information for a longer period to comply with governmental reporting. In these cases, we will be unable to delete your full details from our records.
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 1-800-766-46731-800-766-4673 FREE for assistance.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.”