What’s new in PC-DMIS 2021.1
Get the most out of your metrology hardware with the latest version of PC-DMIS
Improved: Paste with Pattern
Paste with Pattern has been improved with a new curve functionality. This new capability will greatly shorten measurement routine creation times for those users who need a circular pattern around a feature. In the new feature, the user simply selects the CAD element and uses that as the pattern, significantly saving time and shortening the workflow as there is no need to create offset alignments to paste radial patterns.
New: INSPECT Barcode
INSPECT has also been updated and improved as part of this release. INSPECT Barcode is a licence option that allows the user to associate barcodes and QR codes to routines and playlists. Once associated, the user can scan a code with any Windows supported reader and matching routines will automatically select and run. Again, this simplifies the user workflow, improves efficiency and importantly reduces the possibility of operator error.
In 2019 R1 PC-DMIS introduced the Protect feature, giving the customer peace of mind through routine protection and traceability. This feature’s workflow and UX has been improved in 2021.1 to ensure greater control. This includes direct comparison between the certified routine and a modified version, showing the changes in colour for easy review and approval. Also the addition of 2-factor authentication removes any risks that a user can make edits to a certified measurement routine without permission.
And over 30 additional new features and improvements, including:
- Direct CAD Interface
- Pointcloud Surface Colourmap – Direct Projection
- Measurement Strategy Editor (MSE) – Smart Parameters
- INSPECT Dimension Sets
- GD&T from File
- Feature Label Display
PC-DMIS 2021.1 operates under 64-bit Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, and Windows Vista. No other operating systems are supported.
- When you use third-party drivers, you should contact your local Manufacturing Intelligence representative to ensure operating system compatibility.
- Running PC-DMIS inside a Virtual Machine (VM) is supported only if the VM supports OpenGL 3 or higher.
- PC-DMIS Vision machines do not support 64-bit Windows 8. The Matrox Frame grabber PC-DMIS Vision hardware component does not support a 64-bit operating system.
Microsoft .NET Framework
If you do not have Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 for Windows, the PC-DMIS installer will install it for you.
4 GB of RAM or higher
- The size of the CAD data file and the tessellation multiplier value used affect the amount of memory needed. These both affect the number of tessellated facets needed to display the model. The smaller the tessellation multiplier value used, the more memory needed for the facets. For large CAD models, this could cause an "Out of Memory" error. If this occurs, the current PC-DMIS session will be left in an unstable state and should be terminated.
- The default tessellation multiplier value is 1.0. Setting a tessellation multiplier of 0.1 will result in a 10 to 20 percent increase in the memory required over the default value of 1.0. Decreasing the tessellation multiplier further to 0.01 will result in an additional 50 to 65 percent increase of memory required.
1 GB of video RAM
2 GHz or higher quad core processor
Any popular graphics card that meets or exceeds the following suggested minimums:
- GPU Memory 2 GB DDR3*
- Memory Bandwidth 29.0 GB/s
- CUDA Cores 384
- Open GL 3.0
*For an RS4 laser sensor or later model, you need to have a GPU with at least 4 GB DDR3.
The graphics driver must support OpenGL 3.0 or higher. A warning message appears on PC-DMIS start-up if the driver does not support OpenGL 3.0 or if your graphics driver is more than three years old.
2 GB of free hard drive space plus allocated virtual memory of eight times the largest CAD file used.
SSD drive, HDD 10K, or two disks in RAID 0 mode (high-performance hard disk drive).
Screen resolution of 1280 x 1024 or higher.
- Two Ethernet ports. This may be required for specific installations in consideration of local needs, including but not limited to CMM systems where one port is required for controller communications and another for intranet/internet communications.
- Two USB ports
- A properly-configured LMS license or a HASP key (a physical USB portlock)
Note: A HASP key does not act as general-purpose data storage; therefore, you cannot use a HASP key to store (download) arbitrary data from a computer. Similarly, you cannot use a HASP key to put (upload) arbitrary data on a computer. Also, only Hexagon applications can read or write to a HASP key; other applications do not have this capability. As a result, you cannot use a HASP key to load and unload data to and from a computer.
Internet Explorer 10 or later
Hexagon used the Sophos anti-virus tool to test PC-DMIS 2021.1. The user will need to confirm the performance of any other anti-virus tool.
Solutions for CMMs using RS-232 communications
If you are installing PC-DMIS 2021.1 on a new or existing computer, but you have an older CMM model that uses RS-232 communications, then you will need to install one of these solutions on your computer:
- An external RS-232 serial-to-USB adapter cable plus the serial-to-USB adapter cable driver
- An internal serial adapter card with serial ports