What is DESIGNER?
Versatile application offering a range of CAD capabilities for smarter manufacturing
Installing the application
To install the application
- Ensure that your PC meets the minimum or, for best results, the recommended hardware requirements.
- Log on with Administrator rights. If you still experience user rights related problems, please check your 'Group Policy' settings with your system administrator.
- Download the installation package.
- Run the .exe file.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- To run the application, you now need to license your software.
The installation process automatically detects and activates the Windows language for the application. If you want to run the application using another language, you can select it in the General section of the System Options (File > Settings > Options).
We recommend an enhanced hardware specification when using Reverse Engineering or Data Acquisition.
Minimum Hardware Specifications
- Windows 10 - 64 bit:
- Only Professional versions supported.
- The processor chip must support the SSE2 instruction set:
- All 64 bit processors support SSE2.
- Graphics board supporting either OpenGL or DirectX:
- Minimum 1920x1080 resolution.
- Supporting at least 65,000 colours.
- OpenGL graphics cards must support OpenGL 3.0.
- DirectX graphics cards must support DirectX 9.0c.
- 4GB RAM.
Recommended Hardware Specifications
- Windows 10 Creator edition onwards.
- Graphics: 512MB+ onboard RAM.
- ATI FirePro series or the NVidia Quadro series with latest drivers.
- 16GB RAM.
- SSD HardDisk.
Recommended Hardware Specification for Reverse and Data Acquisition
- Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.
- 64GB RAM.
- Intel Xeon processor @3 GHz or equivalent.
- NVIDIA Quadro P5000 with 5 GB memory.