PC-DMIS NC - Metrology Software for CNC Machines
PC-DMIS NC products gives you the tools to reduce scrap by selectively measuring subgroups of features during setup and periodically during production. They can monitor CNC performance and ferret out faults associated with things like programming errors, bad setups and excessive tool wear. They also give you the information you need to evaluate how your machines are performing over time. With their built-in analytical capabilities, PC-DMIS NC products have the ability to quickly spot problems on a particular feature and immediately alert you.
The time spent setting up jobs and aligning parts and fixtures doesn't add value to a manufacturing process.PC-DMIS NC products lets you do these tasks quickly and easily. It simplifies the jobs of setup and alignment, reducing the need for manual inspection.
Because PC-DMIS NC software products are part of the Enterprise Metrology Solutions (EMS) System, they give you access to software like DataPage+, our SPC package that lets you statistically monitor the performance of equipment. In day-to-day operations, you may run into all sorts of problems related to CNC operations. PC-DMIS NC products coupled with EMS gives you access to a software system with the capabilities to work though difficulties and get on with the job of making parts. Measuring extremely large parts, qualifying raw castings and calculating complex alignments that were either extremely difficult or impossible now become straightforward programming tasks.
Currently, there are two versions of PC-DMIS NC software - PC-DMIS NCi, with the 'i' standing for interactive, and PC-DMIS NC Server. NC Server operates in batch mode.It addresses the needs of customers who need sophisticated metrology tools for performing in-process evaluations but do not require direct interaction between the machine tool and the measurement software. NCi allows users to perform checks requiring both sophisticated metrology capabilities and direct communications between the measurement software and the machine tool's controller.
- Develop, test and debug NC inspection routines on 2D and 3D CAD models. Because all of this work is done off-line, this process has zero impact on machine utilization.
- Download inspection routines to your NC controllers automatically.
- Build inspection paths in standard G and M formats. Operators do not have to learn a new language or a special measurement application.
- Collect and evaluate measurement data as it is generated without operator intervention. The resulting information goes where it needs to go in a format best suited to its intended audience.
- Make quick checks during setup and eliminate most programming and setup faults before they become expensive mistakes. Prevent human error from letting scrap and rework cost time and money.
- Eliminate the delays and errors inherent in manual inspection
- Check work offsets by measuring selected part geometry, then fine tune and automatically update them.
- Align and measure the most complex contoured parts and tooling easily.
- Evaluate parts on the machine during machining. Get a full understanding of your process, its strengths and its weaknesses.
- Check measurement results directly against the CAD model using a powerful 3D analytical engine and advanced fitting algorithms
- Track and automatically modify cutting programs to compensate for changes in tool characteristics