OPTIV M 4.4.3 and 6.6.4
Multisensor versatility optimised for individual applications
On top of satisfying demand for a multisensor CMM tailored for today’s applications, the OPTIV M 4.4.3 and OPTIV M 6.6.4 are designed to adapt readily to future smart technologies and changing production requirements.
The flexible OPTIV M preconfigurations are future-ready, enabling manufacturers to easily expand their application capabilities with field installable upgrade kits. In addition to the EPS packages configured for flexibility, throughput, precision or shop-floor capability, Hexagon offers customised versions of the OPTIV M 4.4.3 and OPTIV M 6.6.4.
OPTIV M 4.4.3 and OPTIV M 6.6.4 deploy the full capabilities of Hexagon’s OPTIV Dual technology. OPTIV Dual consists of three technologies purpose-built for multisensor operations, enabling users to drive productivity by reducing cycle times, enhancing application flexibility and increasing accuracy.
The highly flexible OPTIV M platform offers ‘one-click’ configurations from predefined capability packages and helps manufacturers to raise inspection productivity in line with their unique production challenges and specific business goals.
The Multi-Purpose capability packages are ideal for manufacturers producing highly complex products that require multiple sensor technologies in order to be measured completely and efficiently. The flexibility of the Multi-Purpose capability packages to combine contact and non-contact sensors is perfect for inspecting parts that have varying needs according to their geometry, material, and accuracy requirements.
OPTIV M with the Multi-Purpose capability package offers:
- Optical and tactile measuring methods included as standard, enabling the capture of the entire 3D part geometry in one cycle and reducing the need for multiple machines in the inspection area
- Application flexibility through a range of non-contact distance sensors to choose from such as laser triangulation or chromatic confocal sensors for digitising freeform surfaces with high point density and measuring speed and capturing of microstructures
The Throughput capability packages address measurement cycle time reductions and allow manufacturers of mass-market items to carry out series production measurements on large batches of workpieces with maximum efficiency.
OPTIV M with the Throughput capability package offers:
- High-speed scanning capabilities for practically any form and contour inspection task
- Smart technologies designed to decrease program execution times such as Scan Pilot which ensures fast scanning of complex profiles and when the measurement path is unknown, or Fly2 Mode, the trajectory-optimisation technology which automatically generates the most efficient and smoothest route between measurement positions
- Advanced multisensor performance with optional technologies such as OPTIV Dual Z, CNC rotary tables or CNC stacked rotary tables (OPTIV Dual Rotary) which provide optimal workpiece accessibility and enable fast series measurements with less workpiece handling and fewer probe changes
- Optional motorised indexing probe head that enables measuring point capture on workpiece surfaces in virtually all spatial directions with a large number of discrete positions
- PC-DMIS Inspect Pallet to provide extensive workflow automation capabilities for palletised measurements
The Precision capability packages are the optimal configurations for manufacturers producing parts with complex geometries and tight tolerances that require ultra-precise sensors and large quantities of measurement data for a comprehensive and reliable quality assessment.
OPTIV M with the Precision capability package offers:
- Highly accurate measuring point capture due to pneumatic vibration isolation
- Highest precision in optical measurements with fixed focal length dual camera optics (OPTIV Dual Camera) included as standard
- Reduced measurement uncertainty when referencing between features thanks to optionally available OPTIV Dual technologies for improved multisensor performance eliminating the need for multiple setups and alignments of the workpiece
- PULSE real-time monitoring system for metrology environments to provide confidence in metrology operation by monitoring environmental conditions that could influence the integrity of measured data
The Shop-Floor capability packages are targeted to manufacturers who want to conduct automated dimensional inspections near the production line where the real-time availability of quality data enables production processes to be optimised quickly.
OPTIV M with the Shop-Floor capability package offers:
- Automation integration kits for a quick and easy integration of the CMM into individual automation environments
- Protective machine enclosures to assure the specified CMM accuracy throughout a wider range of environmental conditions
- Highly accurate measuring point capture due to pneumatic vibration isolation
- Maximum safety in unattended operation through the PULSE environmental monitoring system which provides CMM status alerts to changes in temperature, humidity and other factors that might affect the integrity of measured data
The OPTIV M 4.4.3 and 6.6.4 are optimised for high-speed measurement, with features including a low-vibration granite construction that allows for high axis speeds and acceleration. The OPTIV Dual Z design is available as an option to reduce setup and inspection times by mounting tactile and optical sensors on two independent vertical axes.
Designed to ensure high levels of accuracy, the OPTIV M 4.4.3 and 6.6.4 incorporate precision recirculating ball bearing guides on all axes, an incremental, optoelectronic length measuring system with a resolution in the nanometre range and parametric temperature compensation, which provides temperature stability. Active vibration dampers are available as an option.
Robust, reliable design
A fixed bridge design with a moving measuring table and an integral base frame combine to ensure the stability and robustness of the OPTIV M 4.4.3 and 6.6.4.
Full range of multisensor capabilities
The OPTIV M 4.4.3 and 6.6.4 work with a full range of sensors to deliver high speed measurement, accuracy and versatility. They each come with a vision sensor with a high-resolution digital CMOS colour camera and a programmable 10x motorised zoom lens. Variable illumination enables the high contrast illumination of complex surfaces and edges, through the use of a coaxial LED top light, a telecentric LED back light and a multi-segment LED ring light. Further sensor options include a high-resolution digital CMOS monochrome camera, a fixed focal length dual camera optics (OPTIV Dual Camera) with changeable lenses, a TTL (through-the-lens) laser sensor1), the off-axis laser triangulation sensor OPTIV LTS, a chromatic white light sensor (CWS), a touch-trigger probe HP-TM and a stylus module changer rack HR-P with up to six ports, a scanning probe HP-S-X1 and a styli changer rack HR-X with up to nine ports, as well as the motorised indexing probe head HH-A-T52). An optional rotary indexing table3) can be used to automatically reveal hidden features to sensors whereas optional CNC rotary tables or CNC stacked rotary tables (OPTIV Dual Rotary)4) enable referencing of measurements between features from different rotational positions without realignment of the workpiece. Automation integration kits with I/O boxes enable the integration of both CMMs into individual automation environments and are also available as options.
Ease of use
PC-DMIS metrology software provides intuitively easy workflows that drive higher throughput and smarter data capture. Features include full range of scanning methods, comprehensive CAD support including automatic measurement routine creation and extensive offline programming capabilities. PC-DMIS Inspect meanwhile makes it simple to select and execute routines in a shop-floor production environment. PC-DMIS Inspect Slideshow is available as an option to help production-level CMM operators immediately identify and resolve manufacturing defects with graphical real-time feedback on custom key dimensions. And PC-DMIS Inspect Pallet provides a simple interface for configuring a pallet or measuring a batch of parts.
Q-DAS software delivers powerful statistical analysis of product and process data, including SPC and real-time visualisation of measurement data, measurement system analysis and process capability analysis.
Real-time environmental monitoring for metrology environments
PULSE uses a network of sensors to record variations in temperature, vibration and humidity in the vicinity of your CMM. PULSE also offers equipment status alerts and crash notifications.
Factory asset management
The OPTIV M 4.4.3 and 6.6.4 come with HxGN SFx | Asset Management software ready to activate. It provides real-time reports on the CMM’s performance, status and use, remotely or on-site, all from a user-friendly dashboard.
1) Only for systems equipped with OPTIV Dual Camera
2) Only for OPTIV M 4.4.3 and OPTIV M 6.6.4 Dual Z models
3) Only for OPTIV M 4.4.3
4) Only for OPTIV M 6.6.4 Dual Z model