Solutions for Gear measurement with CMMs
Metrology House Halesfield 13 , Shropshire, TF7 4PL
United Kingdom, Telford
23 10월, 09:30 - 15:00
A technical awareness day in collaboration with the British Gear Association exploring solutions for gear measurement challenges.
What to expect
Demonstrations and presentations:
- Measurement of cylindrical gears; bevel gears; racks; internal gears and splines
- Reverse engineering of unknown gears
- Loading of multiple gears for ‘lights-out’ measurement
- High-speed non-contact scanning
- Definition of K-charts, crowning and micro-corrections
- Probing requirements and strategies
- Temperature effects on gear parameters
- Gear measurement with and without rotary tables
A breakdown of the day
10:30-12:30 British Gear Association Presentation and Special Guest speaker presentations, plus live demonstrations.
(Coffee breaks between sessions)
13:15-14:30 Live demonstrations, Summary presentations.
14:30-15:00 Networking, Continued discussion, individual discussion around any specific requirements you may have.
CMM Gear Measurement Technologies
Software and hardware solution available.
Traditionally, gear manufacturers used dedicated CNC gear measuring machines (GMMs) to measure their products. These were quick and accurate but limited in their capability for non-gear features and other geometries. However, with today’s high-speed, high-accuracy CMMs (coordinate measuring machines) they may not be the only solution available to powertrain manufacturers and users.
Delegates will be able to see demonstrations of the following equipment:
- Leitz PMM-XI and Reference Ultra-high Accuracy CMM and Gear Inspection Centres
- Global-S high-speed CMM
- Optical scanning using HP-O
- SENMATION Intelligent Sensor Automation
- Multi-sensor and optical measurement
- Absolute Arm
What are my parking options at the event?
Parking is available onsite
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?