Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Forming Technologies is a world leader in the development of specialized engineering software and training programs for the metal stamping industry. For more information about Forming Technologies, please visit our website www.forming.com.
- Competitive Salary with Bonus Plan
- Comprehensive Benefit Package with health, dental, vision and health spending account
- RRSP with company contribution plan
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
- Education and Training opportunities….and so much more!
As a Software Quality Assurance Engineer, you will work closely with the Software Quality Assurance team and Product Specialists, to perform manual and automated testing, create and document test plans and automation routines, compile results for further analysis, report and follow up on issues with the Development team, and help refine product behavior. Your knowledge of core engineering principles will assist you in developing a thorough understanding of extensive suite of applications and the science behind the technology.
- Manual and automated testing and validation of in-house developed finite element simulation and process planning software
- Prepare, document and review test plans with stakeholders
- Develop, implement, schedule and maintain test automation routines
- Provide input and feedback to Product Specialists related to result validity, user experience and performance of application
- Create and maintain test infrastructure (physical and virtual test environments, automated test scripts, test input data, etc.)
- Document test results and compiling statistics for further analysis
- Report issues to Development and Product Managers and follow up through investigation and resolution
- Estimate time requirements for QA activities and track progress throughout development cycles
- Occasionally assist to provide customer support via telephone and email
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required
- Undergraduate or master's degree in engineering, computer science, science, mathematics, or equivalent
- 3+ years software development or testing experience – ideally related to graphical, scientific or engineering related software such as CAD, CAM or CAE software
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Experience with test automation design, implementation and maintenance, ideally within Microsoft Team Foundation Server toolset
- Experience with C#, VBA or similar scripting/programming language
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Superior ability to understand and troubleshoot Windows PC hardware and software issues
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, to maintain good working relationships with all levels of the organization
- Ability to multi-task coupled with excellent time management skills to meet deadlines
- Proven ability to think analytically and problem solve with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence/ Forming Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Accommodation are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. To request accommodation, contact Human Resources at email@example.com.