Research and Development, Germany
The Software Developer will be responsible for the implementation, documentation and testing of code contributing in software solutions related to 3d metrology within our software toolchains for our whitelight sensors. Following agile development practices, the candidate will work with a small team of developers to maintain and improve functionality and performance of SDKs and related software metrology applications in C++.
This role will report to the Software Development Team Leader.
Tasks in more detail:
- Develop new requirements into well-designed software solutions with an eye on performance and maintainability
- Troubleshoot, test, and debug code that is not giving desired results
- Convert real-world concepts and ideas into actionable numeric algorithms in code
- Support and extend existing long-term code bases
- Maintain or develop supporting tools such as software installers or other internal software tools
- Refactor existing code for improved maintainability
- Optimize code to improve performance or reduce computer resource use
- Work in a source-controlled team development environment, aware of the needs of teammates
- Document development work through a software development tracking database
- Work with real-world hardware and analyse results to gauge correctness of algorithms and code
- University Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, e.g. Mathematics or Physics
- 4 -5 years of relevant work experience in software development
- Advanced experience working with C++, STL and Visual Studio
- Knowledge of object-oriented software development techniques and common design patterns
- Familiar in working with source control systems
- Professional German language skills and professional English language skills
- Experience with DevOps and development methodology for portable code (Windows/Linux)
- Experience in image processing algorithm development
- Experience in CUDA development
- Experience in working with Scrum
- Development of cutting-edge technology solutions in a growing and future oriented market
- Open communication, flat hierarchies and the possibility to contribute with your own ideas
- Flexible working hours and possibility of mobile work
- Working place in attractive and highly sought after location in the South of Germany at the border to Austria and Switzerland
Through a network of local service centres, production facilities and commercial operations across five continents, we are shaping smart change in manufacturing to build a world where quality drives productivity.
Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence is part of Hexagon, a leading global provider of information technologies that drive productivity and quality across geospatial and industrial enterprise applications.
Hexagon’s solutions integrate sensors, software, domain knowledge and customer workflows into intelligent information ecosystems that deliver actionable information. They are used in a broad range of vital industries.