Manage and evolve QHSE Management systems for the Metrology business in the UK. Implementing and verifying compliance with the provisions of the BMS and HSE management systems across the business.
Ensure effective implementation of the QHSE & BMSJob Purpose
Ensure effective management of all activities in the company related to the health and safety development, implementation, maintenance of, and compliance with the company's policies, procedures, and standards governing the safety of all material and personnel assets of the company.Key Responsibilities
Required Competencies (skills, experience, knowledge)
- Ensure the safe operation of each site and provide a link between the Company and those in the field
- Have direct access to the highest level of UK Management.
- Be responsible for office safety, ensuring a safe place of work, documenting and reviewing risk assessments, maintaining the accident record book, ensuring compliance with HSE regulations.
- Build effective relationships with clients, subcontractors and partners to support the Company's core safety values
- Promote the application of HSE Legislation and all other relevant industry guidelines.
- Responsible for implementing the Companies Policies.
- On-going review, implementation and auditing of the Management System to ensure on-going compliance with relevant legislation such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and other relevant QHSE legislation.
- Review HSSEQ correspondence and maintain document control systems and libraries.
- Arrange for the appropriate safety training for personnel to Company requirements.
- Coordinating external audits by the HSE and ensuring non-conformances are closed out as per agreed timescales.
- Coordinating and conducting internal QHSE audits ensuring non-conformances are closed out as per agreed timescales
- Assessing and monitoring impacts of HSE Legislative changes.
- Generation and issue of Safety Alerts, HSSEQ Memos and regular Company Communications.
- Internal investigation of serious and major accidents and incidents as required.
- Providing advice on safe systems of work in the Metrology - Manufacturing Environment to comply with current and new QHSE Legislation.
- Collating, reviewing and documenting management review reports, annual QHSE Action Plans end of month.
- Reporting and analysis of non-conformities, accidents and hazardous occurrences and at year end to analysis all accidents, incidents, near miss reports and non-conformances and report to management
- Ensuring that the correct Personal Protective Equipment is worn where required
- Minimum 10 years of general experience within the health, safety and environment field.
- Specific experience in developing, managing and auditing of Business Management Systems within the Manufacturing industry.
- Extensive understanding of quality assurance, health and safety, environmental management.
- An experienced people manager with the ability to lead, coach and mentor teams.
- Must have analytical experience, be accurate with statistics and written reports, well organized and exercise sound judgment in decision making.
- Has in-depth understanding of current standards and procedures and makes appropriate decisions based on this knowledge.
- Has experience in accident and incident investigation
- A team player, with strong collaborative and interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with people tactfully and effectively.
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure.
- With good command of the English language (written/ spoken).
- Systematic and careful in handling confidential, critical and technical data.
- Software expertise in Microsoft Excel and Word is essential. Knowledge in other MS Office package is an advantage
- A graduate in relevant field of study or equivalent combination of experience and education in Manufacturing/engineering.
- NEBOSH Diploma or NQV Level 4 Occupational Health and Safety.
- Lead Auditor Qualification (ISO 9001 or OHSAS 18001 or ISO 14001)
- Professional Institute Memberships such as IOSH etc
Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence helps industrial manufacturers develop the disruptive technologies of today and the life-changing products of tomorrow. As a leading metrology and manufacturing solution specialist, our expertise in sensing, thinking and acting – the collection, analysis and active use of measurement data – gives our customers the confidence to increase production speed and accelerate productivity while enhancing product quality.
Through a network of local service centres, production facilities and commercial operations across five continents, we are shaping smart change in manufacturing to build a world where quality drives productivity.
Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence is part of Hexagon, a leading global provider of information technologies that drive productivity and quality across geospatial and industrial enterprise applications.
Hexagon’s solutions integrate sensors, software, domain knowledge and customer workflows into intelligent information ecosystems that deliver actionable information. They are used in a broad range of vital industries.
Hexagon (Nasdaq Stockholm: HEXA B) has more than 21,000 employees in 50 countries and net sales of approximately 3.8bn EUR. Learn more at hexagon.com and follow us @HexagonAB.