Field Service Technician
Charleston, SC, United States
We will provide classroom and hands-on training to enable you to install and service a variety of Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMMs), machine tools and accessories. Our factory-trained Service Technicians represent the very best of Hexagon! Our customers rely on their professionalism and technical expertise to install and service a variety of Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMM), machine tools and accessories.
As a leading metrology and manufacturing solution specialist, Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence helps industrial manufacturers develop the disruptive technologies of today and the life-changing products of tomorrow. We work with manufacturers to create solutions for the smart factory, where quality drives productivity.
Additional responsibilities will include
- Installation and machine maintenance, which includes diagnosis, repairs, certification and re-calibration of various machines at the customer sites, to conform to factory specifications and accuracy standards.
- Performing service calls at customer sites to correct possible problems involving company products.
- Providing technical support to other service representatives and customers.
- The design, documentation, testing, creation or modification of computer programs related to machine operating systems.
- Technical duties include tasks that are both mechanical and electrical.
- Mechanical duties include assembly, disassembly, leveling, diagnosis and repair of mechanical issues on automated equipment.
- Electrical duties include diagnosis, troubleshooting and repair of control systems.
- Associates Degree OR equivalent combination of technical courses and related experience OR equivalent training in electronics and/or mechanical repair received in the military
- Mechanical, electrical, computer and software experience
- Must be self-motivated, highly detail oriented and organized
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work effectively and independently
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good driving record
- Ability to lift up, to 75 lbs.
- Ability to travel extensively
- Associates Degree preferred
We understand that we have an ability to impact the trends and changes affecting everything and everyone that will result in a better, smarter world for all. Consider joining a team of talented and dynamic individuals who are living the latest technology and making a quality difference in our world!
We strive to attract the most talented and dynamic individuals in their fields because our success is in our people! Our culture encourages independent thinking and a team mentality. And we offer a competitive benefits package that’s second to none!
Exceptional medical, dental, vision insurances
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
401k with employer match
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
13 Paid Holidays
Training Opportunities…and so much more!
At this time, we will consider applicants who are legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship. Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ► M/F/Vet/Disability ► E-Verify Participant
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 1-800-766-46731-800-766-4673 FREE for assistance.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.”