Business Development Representatives
North Kingstown, RI, United States
Building strong, personal relationships with our customers is a key component of our business strategy. As a leading metrology and manufacturing solution specialist, Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence helps industrial manufacturers develop the disruptive technologies of today and the life-changing products of tomorrow. We work with manufacturers to create solutions for the smart factory, where quality drives productivity.
As a Business Development Representative (BDR) you will help generate new business by engaging customers and prospects in productive conversations to qualify them as sales opportunities. By talking with prospects, understanding their priorities and making a great first impression, you will help identify the next steps that guide them toward partnerships that will revolutionize our business! You will manage the entire lead qualification process including prospecting into our customers and identified B2B targets, uncovering needs and qualifying opportunities.
Responsibilities will include
- Identifying new opportunities by contacting customers and prospects via email and telephone to inquire about their product needs using a scoring, and qualifying system
- Researching prospective customers using Internet resources
- Entering customer and prospect information into a database and logically planning next steps based on qualifying questions
- Maintaining a conversational tone and positive attitude when speaking with customers and prospects, and offering superior customer service
- Initial product knowledge training required
- Continuously developing knowledge of new products, services and sales best practice methods
- Coordinating and interfacing with other departments, especially Sales
- Gathering information, and logging and communicating it clearly to others
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2+ years of experience in a sales, sales development or business development role
- 1+ years of experience in a call center environment, with superior verbal and telephone skills
- 2+ years of experience with Salesforce.com
- Experience managing databases
- Strong rapport building and active listening skills
- A proven track record of delivering results and exceeding goals
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, take initiative, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Confidence, professionalism, and strong organizational skills
- Expert skills with all Microsoft Office programs and web browsers (Outlook, Excel, Word, Access, Explorer)
- Associate’s Degree in Business or Communications preferred
- Pardot experience a plus
- Experience in a Relationship Management role a plus
We understand that we have an ability to impact the trends and changes affecting everything and everyone that will result in a better, smarter world for all. Consider joining a team of talented and dynamic individuals who are living the latest technology and making a quality difference in our world!
We encourage employee success by offering a variety of career and training opportunities and outstanding benefits, including:
- Competitive paid time off and paid holidays
- Medical, dental, life, vision insurance plans…and more!
- Flex Spending Accounts for medical and dependent care
- 401k with employer match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Training opportunities
- Wellness programs and activities
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 1-800-766-46731-800-766-4673 FREE for assistance.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.”