Oceanside, CA, United States
As the Applications Engineer for the Oceanside Portable Arm CMM factory you will provide technical support for all aspects of Portable Arm CMM products encompassing metrology, demonstration, functionality, and performance. In addition, the factory Applications Engineer is responsible for documenting, testing and training the technical aspects of the product line to personnel throughout the North American organization; and also provide support to the APAC organization.
Additional responsibilities will include
- Provide product demonstrations of our hardware and software to pertinent internal departments (Sales, Service, technical Support, Factory and Engineering)
- Able to communicate benefits of Hexagon’s products for complex metrology applications.
- Develop, prepare and conduct training classes for Factory, Sales, Service and Support personnel throughout North American and APAC organizations.
- Create training programs and tools to educate & support domestic/international resources.
- Foster participation and relationships with internal customers through effective interaction
- Technical Support
- Provide technical support to our Technical Support Department and our APAC Customers.
- Provide documentation and training to our Technical Support, Sales and Service organizations regarding Legacy, Current and New products
- Maintain technical expertise to be the technical subject matter expert on all Portable Arm CMM products and accessories.
- Assist Engineering and Production in new product development from inception through release.
- Mentor less experienced Applications Engineers
- Travel up to 30% may be required
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering discipline, Mathematics, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 3-5 years of experience in Manufacturing Engineering, Quality Engineering, or similar environment
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be comfortable speaking before small groups
- Proficiency in programming
- Solid knowledge of 3D CAD
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Proficiency in multiple metrology softwares as used on Portable Arm CMMs
- Proficiency with multiple sensors
- Demonstrate working knowledge of GD&T
- Must demonstrate knowledge of GR&R methods
- Must demonstrate knowledge of Statistical Process Control
- Must demonstrate knowledge of metrology fixture design
- Must consistently self-manage and self-motivate
We understand that we have an ability to impact the trends and changes affecting everything and everyone that will result in a better, smarter world for all. Consider joining a team of talented and dynamic individuals who are living the latest technology and making a quality difference in our world!
We strive to attract the most talented and dynamic individuals in their fields because our success is in our people! Our culture encourages independent thinking and a team mentality. And we offer a competitive benefits package that’s second to none!
Exceptional medical, dental, vision insurances
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
401k with employer match
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
13 Paid Holidays
Training Opportunities…and so much more!
At this time, we will consider applicants who are legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship. Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ► M/F/Vet/Disability ► E-Verify Participant
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 1-800-766-46731-800-766-4673 FREE for assistance.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.”