Senior Systems Administrator
IT, United Kingdom
The Senior System Administrator will be responsible for managing the IT infrastructure for the Romax Nottingham office
The Senior System Administrator will report to the IT Manager
Tasks in more detail:
- Maintain and monitor all domain server, security and business application infrastructure to meet the organisation's current and future requirements
- Be responsible for management, maintenance and architecture of SAN, NAS, storage, virtualisation environment, latest VMWare technology , Back up system and productivity tools.
- Monitor servers and identify performance issues proactively.
- Work within strict time frames and escalate incidents within defined time frames.
- Infrastructure coordination related to design and setup activities at different stages of a project
- Prepare and maintain the necessary project plans and documentation of server infrastructure builds and modifications.
- Handling L2 support tickets in order to help Support Engineer when the tickets level is high
- 3+ years hands on experience in system administrator role and established IT operations methodology experience
- Strong knowledge of Windows 10 and Windows 7 (UI, drivers, repairing)
- Strong knowledge Microsoft Office 365 and Azure platform
- Strong knowledge of servers hardware and related frequent problems (preferably DELL)
- Expert Level experience working with Active Directory, Windows server management (setup, checking logs , maintenance)
- Expert Level experience working with VMware and managing VM machines
- Knowledge of a backup solution
- Good knowledge on IT networks and switches to able to troubleshoot basic networking issues
Through a network of local service centres, production facilities and commercial operations across five continents, we are shaping smart change in manufacturing to build a world where quality drives productivity.
Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence is part of Hexagon, a leading global provider of information technologies that drive productivity and quality across geospatial and industrial enterprise applications.
Hexagon’s solutions integrate sensors, software, domain knowledge and customer workflows into intelligent information ecosystems that deliver actionable information. They are used in a broad range of vital industries.