Payroll Specialist II
Finance and Controlling, North Kingstown, RI, United States
At Hexagon, we strive to help industrial manufacturers develop the disruptive technologies of today and the life-changing products of tomorrow. Our strength comes from our global footprint and enormous portfolio of advanced industrial sensors, measurement technologies, factory automation, simulation, and analytics tools.
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for the accurate processing of multiple, bi-weekly, multi-state payrolls in a timely and accurate manner using the ADP Workforce Now platform.
- Manage change request workflows to ensure the accuracy of wages, vacation, sick time, garnishments, commissions and bonus payments as well as other payments flowing thru payroll with each payroll
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of data in the ADP Workforce Now Payroll system including time and attendance data, payroll data and basic employee data
- Process garnishments, correspond with courts and coordinate with payment service partners
- Prepare and reconcile 401k payroll transfer with each payroll
- Process off-cycle and manual checks, stop payments and adjustments to payroll
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission.
- Reconcile the general ledger entry and other required payroll reports with each payroll
- Respond to employee inquiries regarding payroll related matters
- Monitor compliance with internal payroll policies and process guidelines, and escalating issues as needed
- Generate reports as requested utilizing both ADP Workforce Now and Excel
- Perform other payroll and benefit related updates in both ADP, Benefit Solver and other payroll systems as required
- Review and act on notices from state agencies
- Call tax agencies as necessary to resolve issues
- Work with ADP and State tax agencies to set up new or to close tax jurisdictions
- Update tax rates
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Extensive understanding of regulations and applicable laws regarding payroll and benefits
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Exceptional multitasking and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate with various levels of management.
- Minimum 2 years of experience processing multi-state payroll
- Experience on ADP Workforce Now and ADP Reporting
- Experience with MS Office Suite, Work, Excel, and Outlook
We strive to attract the most talented and dynamic individuals in their fields because our success is in our people! Our culture encourages independent thinking and a team mentality. And we offer a competitive benefits package that’s second to none!
Exceptional medical, dental, vision insurances
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
401k with employer match
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Training Opportunities…and so much more!
At this time, we will consider applicants who are legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship. No relocation. Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ► M/F/Vet/Disability ► E-Verify Participant
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 1-800-766-46731-800-766-4673 FREE for assistance.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.”