Production Planning, RI, United States
Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, a division of Hexagon Metrology, is seeking a Materials Planner for our North Kingstown, RI location.
At Hexagon, we strive to help industrial manufacturers develop the disruptive technologies of today and the life-changing products of tomorrow. Our strength comes from our global footprint and enormous portfolio of advanced industrial sensors, measurement technologies, factory automation, simulation, and analytics tools.
The Materials Planner will perform a wide variety of tasks supporting the planning and production of finished or semi-finished goods while coordinating inventory and shop floor control activities.
- Thorough knowledge of MRP. Analyzes MRP data and manages the Shop floor work orders and outside process Suppliers to support the Manufacturing Plan. Schedules, expedites and de-expedites orders keeping relevant individuals and departments advised with respect to delays and lead-times on critical material or products
- Releases, maintains, completes and closes shop floor work orders. Ensures all materials are issued properly to minimize work order variances
- Identifies shortages to MPS or shop floor orders and expedites through proper channels including communicating with Suppliers concerning critical components
- Responsible as Shop Floor representative in Production/Shortage and Shipments meetings
- Works closely with COS, Shop Floor, Planner/Buyers and Suppliers to ensure parts are delivered in a timely manner to support customer or inter-company parts requirements
- Interfaces with Quality, Manufacturing, Engineering and suppliers to resolve quality issues. Participates as a member on the Material Review Board (MRB) and initiates shop floor and supplier corrective actions where appropriate. This will include close follow up to ensure all ARs are closed in timely manner
- Pursues cost reduction initiatives in accordance with departmental and organizational goals
- Responsible for coordination and implementation of the ECN process with Engineering, Shop Floor and Suppliers through completion
- Associates Degree or a minimum of 2-3 years of related work experience in either Materials, Shop Floor Control, Inventory Control, Procurement or Supply Chain Management
- Strong background in ERP systems (i.e. ERP-LX, BPCS, SAP….) a must APICS continuous education desired. CPIM certification a plus
- Has strong operational and manufacturing process knowledge
- Understands and is able to apply Supply Chain Management concepts
- Strong analytical skills
- Team player supporting other team members and colleagues
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and negotiation skills
At Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, our spirited energy and engagement are evident in our commitment to our work, passion for what we do and the speed by which we achieve it. Here you will find the opportunity to build your career, develop professionally, and explore opportunities across a large, diversified company that prides itself on its innovative spirit and commitment to integrity.
We strive to attract the most talented and dynamic individuals in their fields because our success is in our people! Our culture encourages independent thinking and a team mentality. And we offer a competitive benefits package that’s second to none!
Exceptional medical, dental, vision insurances
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
401k with employer match
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Training Opportunities…and so much more!
At this time, we will consider applicants who are legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship. No relocation. Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ► M/F/Vet/Disability ► E-Verify Participant
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 1-800-766-46731-800-766-4673 FREE for assistance.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.”