Human Resources Intern
Human Resources, North Kingstown, RI, United States
At Hexagon, we strive to help industrial manufacturers develop the disruptive technologies of today and the life-changing products of tomorrow. Our strength comes from our global footprint and enormous portfolio of advanced industrial sensors, measurement technologies, factory automation, simulation, and analytics tools.
This is a great opportunity for a driven individual to learn more about the key role human resources plays in supporting business strategies. As a human resources Intern, you will gain a strong understanding of the day-to-day responsibilities with a focus in the following areas:
- HR Operations, Benefits, Onboarding, and HRIS
- Talent Development and Technologies
- HR Business Partner and Generalist Support
- Assist with a variety of human resources processes and administration
- Support the assigned team with ongoing and new projects
- Research, design, and develop solutions to assigned projects and tasks related to the human resources function
- Suggest potential alternatives to current processes to improve efficiency and timeliness
- Build relationships across multiple levels and areas to ensure support is readily available when needed
- Protect and maintain the privacy of employee personnel records including, but not limited to, personal and compensation information about employees
- Assist in coordinating and conducting new hire orientations.
- Responding to staff inquiries regarding HR policies, learning and development opportunities, employee benefits, and other HR-related matters.
- Assist in the planning of company events and intern activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must be enrolled as a full-time college student pursuing a degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related degree program
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ability to convey a positive and professional atmosphere
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and quality
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Effective interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills
- Creative thinker who is self-motivated
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Eagerness to continuously learn and develop business acumen
We strive to attract the most talented and dynamic individuals in their fields because our success is in our people! Our culture encourages independent thinking and a team mentality. And we offer a competitive benefits package that’s second to none!
Exceptional medical, dental, vision insurances
401k with employer match
At this time, we will consider applicants who are legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship. No relocation. Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ► M/F/Vet/Disability ► E-Verify Participant
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 1-800-766-46731-800-766-4673 FREE for assistance.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.”