Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence division is seeking an Applications Engineer, for our North Kingstown, RI location.
At Hexagon, we strive to help industrial manufacturers develop the disruptive technologies of today and the life-changing products of tomorrow. Our strength comes from our global footprint and enormous portfolio of advanced industrial sensors, measurement technologies, factory automation, simulation, and analytics tools.
As the Applications Engineer you will provide technical sales support for all applications of Hexagon products encompassing metrology, demonstration, functionality, and performance. In addition, the Applications Engineer is responsible for quoting and managing contract programming tasks and performing product training.
- Conduct basic hardware and software product demonstrations showcasing technical features and processes to prospective and existing customers
- Effectively communicate product benefits for complex applications
- Assist regional sales team in providing product recommendations for customers’ applications
- Prepare operating instructions and conducts training programs to meet customers’ needs
- Maintain positive customer relationships through effective interaction
- Prepare detailed technical specifications for quotations
- Develop programs/applications that effectively accomplish customer specifications/objectives
- Consults with customers and incorporates needs and feedback into application designs
- Provide technical support to customers
- Ensures programs/applications work properly after maintenance and testing
- Analyze and edit existing programs/applications as needed to optimize performance
- Take a challenging issue from problem statement through to resolution and follow-up
- Keep up with advancements in application engineering and new technologies
- Collaborate with engineering and marketing groups on product development projects
- Support organizational policies related to safety, environmental protection, housekeeping
- Support and participate in continuous improvement activities/projects that positively affect safety, the environment, quality, reliability, and productivity or improve the overall suitability and effectiveness of the management system, its processes, and products
- Perform other related duties as assigned
At Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, our spirited energy and engagement are evident in our commitment to our work, passion for what we do and the speed by which we achieve it. Here you will find the opportunity to build your career, develop professionally, and explore opportunities across a large, diversified company that prides itself on its innovative spirit and commitment to integrity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in Manufacturing Engineering or Quality Engineering
- Bachelors’ degree in Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Comfortable speaking before small groups
- Experience with 3D CAD
- Proficient in programming
- Proficient in metrology software's and sensors
- Proficient with MS Office
- Strong Customer Service Skills
- Creative, analytical, and driven
- Works under general direction as well as in a team environment
- Ability to travel up to 50%, domestic.
We strive to attract the most talented and dynamic individuals in their fields because our success is in our people! Our culture encourages independent thinking and a team mentality. And we offer a competitive benefits package that’s second to none.
Exceptional medical, dental, vision insurances
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
401k with employer match
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Training Opportunities…and so much more.
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ► M/F/Vet/Disability ► E-Verify Participant
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 1-800-766-46731-800-766-4673 FREE for assistance.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.”