Applications Engineer Ontario
Service Application, Oakville, Canada
Who We Are
Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence Canada is a global leader in sensor, software, and autonomous solutions? We are putting data to work to boost efficiency, productivity, and quality across industrial, manufacturing, infrastructure, safety, and mobility applications. Our technologies are shaping urban and production ecosystems to become increasingly connected and autonomous — to ensure a scalable and sustainable future.
For more information about Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence Canada, please visit our website www.hexagonmi.com .
• Competitive Salary
• Exceptional Benefit Package – health, dental and vision with flexible health spending account
• RRSP Employer contribution plan
• Generous Paid time off (PTO)
• Education and Training opportunities….and so much more!
As an Applications Engineer, you will provide technical sales support for various applications of Hexagon products encompassing metrology, manufacturing consulting and demonstration. You will report to the Applications Manager and assist the regional sales team in the Province of Ontario by providing recommendations for customers’ applications. You will effectively communicate the benefits of Hexagon’s products for complex manufacturing and metrology applications via product presentations and demonstrations to prospective customers. In addition, you will have responsibility for contract programming tasks and product training.
• Provide product demonstrations of hardware and software to prospective customers.
• Consult with internal Hexagon team members and potential customers to determine hardware, software, or system specification requirements.
• Assist regional sales team by providing product recommendations for customers’ applications.
• Prepare and conduct customer training classes on machine operations, specific sensor use and programming.
• Assist as needed with detailed technical specifications for quotations, provide technical support onsite or remotely as assigned.
• Create programs ranging from simple inspection to complicated logic-based graphical user interfaces, based on customer specifications.
• Assist engineering and marketing groups in new product development as assigned.
• Travel up to 50% may be required across Canada should another region need support.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• 2-5 years’ experience in Manufacturing Engineering or Quality Engineering or similar environment.
• Knowledge and understanding of manufacturing processes such as machining, casting, forging, fabrication, and injection molding.
• PCDMIS, GD&T, CMM Manufacturing experience is a must.
• Laser Trackers and portable CMM arms experience considered an asset.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and presentation skills (must be comfortable speaking in front of small groups).
• Proficiency with multiple sensors, programming, and multiple metrology software, one of which must be 3D Point Cloud software.
• Solid knowledge of 3D CAD and proficient and experienced with MS Office.
• Ability and comfortable to work independently and as part of a team, maintaining good working relationships with all levels of the organization.
• Customer facing experience including coaching and training as well the desire to eagerly lead projects and tasks.
• Ability to multi-task coupled with excellent time management skills to meet deadlines.
• Ability to travel up to 50% domestic.
Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence Canada is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Accommodation are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. To request accommodation, contact Human Resources.
Information you submit as part of your application must be true, accurate, complete and not misleading. You understand that any false or misleading statements or omissions made by you during the application process, including your application and interviews, may be sufficient cause to justify the rejection of your application or, if you have already become an employee, the immediate termination of your employment, subject to due process.
When you provide us with information about any other third party as part of the recruitment process (e.g. referees) then, before providing us with such information, you must inform the relevant individuals that you will disclose their personal data to us and provide a copy of this notice to them.
We will only process your personal data for the specific purpose of processing and managing your application. In particular we process candidates’ personal data to:
- Undertake recruitment activities, such as determining the suitability of a candidate’s qualifications.
- Assist us in managing external providers. (e.g. recruitment agencies)
- Manage our HR records and Update the Hexagon employee database.
- Reply to an official request from a public or judicial authority with the necessary authorisation.
- Comply with any legal obligation imposed on Hexagon in relation to its recruitment practice.
It is our policy to retain your details for 12 months during which your candidacy will be assessed against other potential opportunities. Prior to the expiration of that 12 month period you will be notified of the impending deletion and you will be given a choice to remain on our database for a further 12 months. At any time during the recruitment process you can request your data to be deleted from our database. You are always able to apply to any position advertised by Hexagon once more.
Note: in some countries we are legally obliged to keep your information for a longer period to comply with governmental reporting. In these cases we will be unable to delete your full details from our records.About Hexagon
Hexagon is a global leader in sensor, software and autonomous solutions. We are putting data to work to boost efficiency, productivity, and quality across industrial, manufacturing, infrastructure, safety, and mobility applications.
Our technologies are shaping urban and production ecosystems to become increasingly connected and autonomous – ensuring a scalable, sustainable future.
Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence division provides solutions that utilise data from design and engineering, production and metrology to make manufacturing smarter.