Computational Mechanics Developer
Burlington - Canada, Canada
Forming Technologies is a world leader in the development of specialized engineering software and training programs for the metal stamping industry. For more information about Forming Technologies, please visit our website www.forming.com.
- Competitive Salary with Bonus Plan
- Comprehensive Benefit Package with health, dental, vision and health spending account
- RRSP with company contribution plan
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
- Education and Training opportunities….and so much more!
As a Computational Mechanics Developer, you will be working on algorithms for the numerical simulation of sheet metal forming processes. In this role you will maintain and develop finite element solver technologies and you will also be involved in all stages of software development for existing and new FTI products.
- Develop and maintain state of the art finite element solver technologies
- Participate in R&D projects focusing on the development of solver technologies to handle formability evaluation, spring back prediction and compensation
- MS or Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering with emphasizes on numerical simulation and optimization
- Extensive computer programming experience in C/C++
- Theoretical and practical background in mechanics of continuum, theory of plasticity, elasticity, failure criterion
- Extensive theoretical and practical experience in numerical methods and numerical simulation
- Good knowledge of non-linear finite element theory and practical experience of applying FEA for numerical simulation of static and dynamic linear and non-linear mechanical problems
- Theoretical or practical knowledge of metal forming processes is a definite asset
- Good English communication skills
If you are interested in this position, please submit an updated resume to Human Resources at email@example.com
Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence/ Forming Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Accommodation are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. To request accommodation, contact Human Resources.