Burlington, ON, Canada
In search of an exciting career opportunity at a local company with a global presence? Your timing is perfect! Forming Technologies, a division of Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence (www.hexagonmi.com) is seeking a permanent full time Applied Mathematician in Burlington, ON location. The atmosphere is friendly and collaborative, and our culture innovative and entrepreneurial!
Forming Technologies is a world leader in the development of specialized engineering software and training programs for the metal stamping industry. For more information about Forming Technologies, please visit our website www.forming.com.
- Competitive Salary with Bonus Plan
- Comprehensive Benefit Package – health, dental and vision with flexible health spending account
- RRSP Employer contribution plan
- Generous Paid time off (PTO)
- Education and Training opportunities….and so much more!
As an Applied Mathematician, you will be working on developing new algorithms involving 3D geometry and FEM mesh models for general sheet metal stamping applications.
- Development, maintenance and troubleshooting for 3D geometry programs
- Able to develop new concepts and methodologies and transform them into software Conduct feasibility studies on new products
- Must have an advanced degree in Mechanical Engineering or Applied Mathematics
- Experience in software development
- 3 to 4 years in object-oriented C++ programming
- Background in computational 3D geometry (e.g. NURBS, subdivision surfaces, etc.)
- Work experience in data structures and algorithms
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and able to maintain good working relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to multi-task coupled with excellent time management skills to meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to think analytically and problem solve with a high level of accuracy and attention to data
- Co-Op placement experience will be considered.
- Knowledge with CAD, Metal stamping tooling design, Software development
- Project management understanding considered an asset.
- Software skills: VBA, Excel, MATLAB, etc.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this opening please include the job title in the subject line and submit an updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence/ Forming Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Accommodation are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. To request accommodation, contact email@example.com.