Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence,
division is seeking an IT Support Specialist for our Irving, CA location.
, we strive to help industrial manufacturers develop the disruptive technologies of today and the life-changing products of tomorrow. Our strength comes from our global footprint and enormous portfolio of advanced industrial sensors, measurement technologies, factory automation, simulation, and analytics tools. Description:
The IT Support Specialist, provides support to end users for basic computer, application, system, device, access, and hardware issues. Identifies, researches, and resolves routine technical issues of moderate complexity. Responds to phone, email, and online requests for technical support. Documents, tracks, and monitors the issue using applicable systems and tools. May coordinate with other teams or departments to resolve user issues. May perform password re-sets for users.Responsibilities:
- Utilizes a support ticket system for employee incident reporting, tracking, and resolution
- Provides technical support related to computer systems, hardware, and software
- Answers complicated queries and addresses system and user challenging issues in a timely and professional manner
- Works with the IT team and interacts with system and computer users across the company
- Onboards and offboards users. Trains users on system and computer functions
- Proactively maintains daily system performance, troubleshoot issues, and follows-up/follows-through with essential aspects of the day-to-day functions
- Maintains computer systems and serve as a point of contact in the event of systems failure
- Responsible for PCs, Printers, and related equipment (monitor, keyboard, mouse, hard drive, etc.)
- Maintains user PCs, including upgrades and configurations as needed
- Monitors the inventory of all equipment, software, and license users
- Installs, configures, and upgrades PC software
- Remains up to date with advances in technology and industry best practices
- Remains current with skills by attending training classes, independent research, and seminars as needed
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- May mentor junior staff to their skill/knowledge through advice, coaching, and training opportunities
- Associates degree in computer science or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 3 – 6 years of related experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills
- Excellent problem-solving and reasoning skills
- Creative, self-motivated, and driven
- Detail oriented and analytically driven with excellent organizational skills
- Excellent organizational, project planning and time management skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Willing to learn new technologies
- Knowledge of computer systems, PC repair, and network management
- Ability to deploy, configure, and support operation systems on desktop and mobile
- Works under general direction as well as in a team environment
At Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence
, our spirited energy and engagement are evident in our commitment to our work, passion for what we do and the speed by which we achieve it. Here you will find the opportunity to build your career, develop professionally, and explore opportunities across a large, diversified company that prides itself on its innovative spirit and commitment to integrity.
We strive to attract the most talented and dynamic individuals in their fields because our success is in our people! Our culture encourages independent thinking and a team mentality. And we offer a competitive benefits package that’s second to none! Exceptional medical, dental, vision insurances 401k with generous employer match Pre-tax Benefits Accounts (HSA, FSA, DFSA)
Flexible Paid Time Off Programs
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ► M/F/Vet/Disability ► E-Verify Participant
Information you submit as part of your application must be true, accurate, complete and not misleading. You understand that any false or misleading statements or omissions made by you during the application process, including your application and interviews, may be sufficient cause to justify the rejection of your application or, if you have already become an employee, the immediate termination of your employment, subject to due process.
When you provide us with information about any other third party as part of the recruitment process (e.g. referees) then, before providing us with such information, you must inform the relevant individuals that you will disclose their personal data to us and provide a copy of this notice to them.
We will only process your personal data for the specific purpose of processing and managing your application. In particular we process candidates’ personal data to:
- Undertake recruitment activities, such as determining the suitability of a candidate’s qualifications.
- Assist us in managing external providers. (e.g. recruitment agencies)
- Manage our HR records and Update the Hexagon employee database.
- Reply to an official request from a public or judicial authority with the necessary authorisation.
- Comply with any legal obligation imposed on Hexagon in relation to its recruitment practice.
It is our policy to retain your details for 12 months during which your candidacy will be assessed against other potential opportunities. Prior to the expiration of that 12 month period you will be notified of the impending deletion and you will be given a choice to remain on our database for a further 12 months. At any time during the recruitment process you can request your data to be deleted from our database. You are always able to apply to any position advertised by Hexagon once more.
Note: in some countries we are legally obliged to keep your information for a longer period to comply with governmental reporting. In these cases we will be unable to delete your full details from our records.
Hexagon is a global leader in sensor, software and autonomous solutions. We are putting data to work to boost efficiency, productivity, and quality across industrial, manufacturing, infrastructure, safety, and mobility applications.
Our technologies are shaping urban and production ecosystems to become increasingly connected and autonomous – ensuring a scalable, sustainable future.
Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence division provides solutions that utilise data from design and engineering, production and metrology to make manufacturing smarter.
Learn more about Hexagon (Nasdaq Stockholm: HEXA B) at hexagon.com and follow us @HexagonAB.
Note: in some countries we are legally obliged to keep your information for a longer period to comply with governmental reporting. In these cases, we will be unable to delete your full details from our records.
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 1-800-766-46731-800-766-4673 FREE for assistance.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.”