Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence,
division is seeking a Sr. Windows Server Administrator for our Irvine, CA location.
, we strive to help industrial manufacturers develop the disruptive technologies of today and the life-changing products of tomorrow. Our strength comes from our global footprint and enormous portfolio of advanced industrial sensors, measurement technologies, factory automation, simulation, and analytics tools. Description:
The Senior Windows Server Administrator supports, and may lead when appropriate, tasks associated with the design, build, implementation, and administration of the On-Premises and Cloud server environment. This includes analyzing and monitoring server performance, troubleshooting server related issues, performing system maintenance tasks, patch management and vulnerability remediation. The Senior Windows Specialist works as part of the Global server infrastructure team and provides a point of escalation for Regional IT as well as for less experienced colleagues.Responsibilities
- Supports, and may lead when appropriate, tasks associated with the design, build, implementation, and administration of the On-Premises and Cloud server environment
- Works with IT management and/or business leaders to deliver allocated server administration tasks within timeframes defined.
- Monitors and analyzes server performance across the organization and recommend and remedy current and future performance bottlenecks.
- Conducts OS hardening to required security level.
- Supports vulnerability remediation activities to server environment as per guidance of the security team and recommends implementation plans when required.
- Enforces IT security policies, standards & practices
- Support with incident resolution activities and escalations from Regional IT and other less experienced members of the team.
- Excellent written / oral communication and presentation skills with the ability to present complex technical topics related to the infrastructure environment to a variety of audiences.
- Document changes to the systems following company change management policy.
- Create and maintain complete technical documentation for relevant processes or new features to assist standardization across the company
- Collaborate with other IT staff, including networking, security, end point and collaboration tools teams, to facilitate effective issue resolution.
- Monitor and support license compliance and renewal activities for related server environment.
- Suggest and implement improvements to the environment.
- Optimize tasks via automation and utilization of available tooling.
- Maintain accurate Asset Management and Knowledge Base
- Bachelor's degree in information systems, computer science, information security or related field and/or 7+ years equivalent work experience.
- One or more of the following certifications preferred:
- MCSE/ MCSA Certification
- Azure Administrator Associate
- Minimum 7 years of experience in Windows System Administration
- Good understanding of TCP/IP Networking concepts, DNS, DHCP
- Ability Install/Upgrade Windows Operating Systems and Servers
- Ability to configure physical servers and RAID
- Experience with VMware and Hyper-V hypervisor
- Knowledge of File Share and NTFS Permissions
- Knowledge of Active Directory (on-prem and Azure DC)
- Knowledge of User / Group administration in AD
- Knowledge of Administration of NetApp File servers
- Knowledge of Veritas & Veeam Backup
- Knowledge of syslog/rsyslog
- Knowledge of OS Server hardening
- Expert PowerShell, perl/python scripting
- Expert on Patch Management and Vulnerability Remediation (Process and Tools)
- Knowledge of Azure IAAS – Virtual machine, Storage accounts, Network Security Groups, VNETs
- Knowledge of DevOps
- Linux administration
- Server migration experience
At Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence
, our spirited energy and engagement are evident in our commitment to our work, passion for what we do and the speed by which we achieve it. Here you will find the opportunity to build your career, develop professionally, and explore opportunities across a large, diversified company that prides itself on its innovative spirit and commitment to integrity.
We strive to attract the most talented and dynamic individuals in their fields because our success is in our people! Our culture encourages independent thinking and a team mentality. And we offer a competitive benefits package that’s second to none! Exceptional medical, dental, vision insurances Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) 401k with employer match Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) Tuition Reimbursement
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ► M/F/Vet/Disability ► E-Verify Participant
Information you submit as part of your application must be true, accurate, complete and not misleading. You understand that any false or misleading statements or omissions made by you during the application process, including your application and interviews, may be sufficient cause to justify the rejection of your application or, if you have already become an employee, the immediate termination of your employment, subject to due process.
When you provide us with information about any other third party as part of the recruitment process (e.g. referees) then, before providing us with such information, you must inform the relevant individuals that you will disclose their personal data to us and provide a copy of this notice to them.
We will only process your personal data for the specific purpose of processing and managing your application. In particular we process candidates’ personal data to:
- Undertake recruitment activities, such as determining the suitability of a candidate’s qualifications.
- Assist us in managing external providers. (e.g. recruitment agencies)
- Manage our HR records and Update the Hexagon employee database.
- Reply to an official request from a public or judicial authority with the necessary authorisation.
- Comply with any legal obligation imposed on Hexagon in relation to its recruitment practice.
It is our policy to retain your details for 12 months during which your candidacy will be assessed against other potential opportunities. Prior to the expiration of that 12 month period you will be notified of the impending deletion and you will be given a choice to remain on our database for a further 12 months. At any time during the recruitment process you can request your data to be deleted from our database. You are always able to apply to any position advertised by Hexagon once more.
Note: in some countries we are legally obliged to keep your information for a longer period to comply with governmental reporting. In these cases we will be unable to delete your full details from our records.
Hexagon is a global leader in sensor, software and autonomous solutions. We are putting data to work to boost efficiency, productivity, and quality across industrial, manufacturing, infrastructure, safety, and mobility applications.
Our technologies are shaping urban and production ecosystems to become increasingly connected and autonomous – ensuring a scalable, sustainable future.
Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence division provides solutions that utilise data from design and engineering, production and metrology to make manufacturing smarter.
Learn more about Hexagon (Nasdaq Stockholm: HEXA B) at hexagon.com and follow us @HexagonAB.
Note: in some countries we are legally obliged to keep your information for a longer period to comply with governmental reporting. In these cases, we will be unable to delete your full details from our records.
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 1-800-766-46731-800-766-4673 FREE for assistance.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.”