Global Business Development Engineer Electronics
Orange County, CA, Estados Unidos de América
Want to make an impact? Do you have a background in pre-sales engineering and electronics engineering simulation? If so, we have an amazing opportunity for you to grow a part of the business. See below for more details and apply!
We believe Hexagon Manufacturing is poised to shake up our industry and make a significant difference in the way people utilize digital technologies to drive their innovation. We’re looking for a Global Business Development Engineer to help drive what we believe to be one of our industry’s most significant teams, in one of the most exciting industries, electronics.
Whether our customers are creating next generation smartphones, micro-electronic components, self-driving cars, white goods, aerospace flight control systems and avionics, or industrial robots, Hexagon provides the design, simulation, production and inspection solutions that ensure products evolve as quickly as customer requirements and attain the right levels of quality. Read more here.
A global role, the successful candidate will get the opportunity to be a driving force in our industry; Leveraging some of our industry’s most exciting technologies, engaging with some of the brightest individuals our industry has to offer, and influencing some of the world’s leading innovators and manufacturers. The successful candidate will also have industry specific experience, hands on experience with simulation and design tools (CAD/CAM/CAE) as well as presenting and demonstrating.
- Identify, develop, demonstrate and evangelize some of the latest technologies, ideas and concepts in the world of digital product development & manufacture
- Help build a critical mass of interest and support around key technologies, solutions and best practices
- Partner with key, lighthouse, customers to help them solve some of our industry’s most difficult challenges, demonstrating the value of our products and solutions
- Help derive customer value utilizing & demonstrating the breadth of Hexagon’s technology portfolio
- Help shape the future of our industry solutions based on your interaction with customers to development and engineering.
- Help set Hexagon tools and technologies apart from others leveraging our unique strengths and eye-catching detail
- Help communicate the vision & value of Hexagon’s unique solutions and technologies to sales, by developing some of the key tools that will make them successful.
- Develop key technical marketing materials, demonstrating the value to be gained from the use of Hexagon solutions.
- Provide a key voice in the planning and launch of new technologies, products and services across Hexagon Manufacturing.
- Leverage the skills and expertise of some of our industry’s deepest minds & expertise.
- Along the way you’ll get to conduct webinars, speak at industry events, demonstrate best practices, and help shape the way we, and our customers, do business... A thought leader!
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications/experience/skills:
- A passion for digital design, simulation, manufacturing and delivery. Strong electronics industry knowledge, solutions, and methodologies with experience in simulation technologies and related disciplines.
- Empathy with our customers and their problems through experience with digital design, simulation & manufacturing for the electronics industry
- Must have experience with digital design, simulation & manufacturing tools & digital processes (ECAD, MCAD, CAE, CAM, PDM, PLM etc) ideally across a number of industries... Electronics, Automotive, Aerospace, Process industries, Architecture
- Exemplary communication skills, both written, verbal, with the ability to present to, and engage our rapidly growing customer base. Must have experience presenting to, and motivating, large groups
- Previous experience in technical pre-sales, industrial consulting, or project delivery will be required
- A potential leader with a strong sense of responsibility… Positive, pro-active, constructive, flexible and creative attitude, able to identify key projects and inspire team members across international teams.
- Excellent knowledge of English, written and spoken is mandatory. Japanese, Chinese or any other language & culture very much appreciated.
- University degree in electronic / mechanical engineering, or equivalent
The candidate should be authorized to work in the United States, Canada or United Kingdom.
Information you submit as part of your application must be true, accurate, complete and not misleading. You understand that any false or misleading statements or omissions made by you during the application process, including your application and interviews, may be sufficient cause to justify the rejection of your application or, if you have already become an employee, the immediate termination of your employment, subject to due process.
When you provide us with information about any other third party as part of the recruitment process (e.g. referees) then, before providing us with such information, you must inform the relevant individuals that you will disclose their personal data to us and provide a copy of this notice to them.
We will only process your personal data for the specific purpose of processing and managing your application. In particular we process candidates’ personal data to:
- Undertake recruitment activities, such as determining the suitability of a candidate’s qualifications.
- Assist us in managing external providers. (e.g. recruitment agencies)
- Manage our HR records and Update the Hexagon employee database.
- Reply to an official request from a public or judicial authority with the necessary authorisation.
- Comply with any legal obligation imposed on Hexagon in relation to its recruitment practice.
It is our policy to retain your details for 12 months during which your candidacy will be assessed against other potential opportunities. Prior to the expiration of that 12 month period you will be notified of the impending deletion and you will be given a choice to remain on our database for a further 12 months. At any time during the recruitment process you can request your data to be deleted from our database. You are always able to apply to any position advertised by Hexagon once more.
Note: in some countries we are legally obliged to keep your information for a longer period to comply with governmental reporting. In these cases we will be unable to delete your full details from our records.
Hexagon is a global leader in sensor, software and autonomous solutions. We are putting data to work to boost efficiency, productivity, and quality across industrial, manufacturing, infrastructure, safety, and mobility applications.
Our technologies are shaping urban and production ecosystems to become increasingly connected and autonomous – ensuring a scalable, sustainable future.
Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence division provides solutions that utilise data from design and engineering, production and metrology to make manufacturing smarter.
Note: in some countries we are legally obliged to keep your information for a longer period to comply with governmental reporting. In these cases, we will be unable to delete your full details from our records.
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 1-800-766-46731-800-766-4673 FREE for assistance.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.”