User Experience Designer
Job title: UX Designer
In this role you will be responsible for the delivery of new Smart Manufacturing solutions that integrate the design, engineering, manufacturing, and quality activities of the product lifecycle..
As part of the organisation you will report to the EVP of Smart Factory
Tasks in more detail:
- Expand new user concepts and architecture for company wide applications across our different product lines
- Conceive the end-to-end user experience for new applications
- Coordinate various teams across business units globally
- Supervise that solutions created by the development team achieve design intent and adhere to application idiom and style guidelines
- Participate in all product conception and design discussions
- Contribute to standard operating procedures for product design and development
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, information management or similar
- A minimum of 7 years hands-on experience leading and contributing in the development of software in areas such as user experience, interaction design, user interface design, and visual design
- Experience managing and coordinating development teams, especially in user experience
- Previous experience working in an industrial/manufacturing company is a strong plus
The opportunity to invent new products and implement own ideas for a global market leader with high visibility across many different industries. An open environment that gives you a lot of space to create something new and creative, working across multiple global teams within the business.
Information you submit as part of your application must be true, accurate, complete and not misleading. You understand that any false or misleading statements or omissions made by you during the application process, including your application and interviews, may be sufficient cause to justify the rejection of your application or, if you have already become an employee, the immediate termination of your employment, subject to due process.
When you provide us with information about any other third party as part of the recruitment process (e.g. referees) then, before providing us with such information, you must inform the relevant individuals that you will disclose their personal data to us and provide a copy of this notice to them.
We will only process your personal data for the specific purpose of processing and managing your application. In particular we process candidates’ personal data to:
- Undertake recruitment activities, such as determining the suitability of a candidate’s qualifications.
- Assist us in managing external providers. (e.g. recruitment agencies)
- Manage our HR records and Update the Hexagon employee database.
- Reply to an official request from a public or judicial authority with the necessary authorisation.
- Comply with any legal obligation imposed on Hexagon in relation to its recruitment practice.
It is our policy to retain your details for 12 months during which your candidacy will be assessed against other potential opportunities. Prior to the expiration of that 12 month period you will be notified of the impending deletion and you will be given a choice to remain on our database for a further 12 months. At any time during the recruitment process you can request your data to be deleted from our database. You are always able to apply to any position advertised by Hexagon once more.
Note: in some countries we are legally obliged to keep your information for a longer period to comply with governmental reporting. In these cases we will be unable to delete your full details from our records.About Hexagon
Hexagon is a global leader in sensor, software and autonomous solutions. We are putting data to work to boost efficiency, productivity, and quality across industrial, manufacturing, infrastructure, safety, and mobility applications.
Our technologies are shaping urban and production ecosystems to become increasingly connected and autonomous – ensuring a scalable, sustainable future.
Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence division provides solutions that utilise data from design and engineering, production and metrology to make manufacturing smarter.