Acoustic Development Engineer
Location: Mont-Saint-Guibert, Belgium
In this role you will be responsible for the development of the Actran software as part of the product development team.
As part of the organisation you will report to the technical director.
Tasks in more detail:
- Development of new features in Actran, matching with industrial expectations (accuracy, performances, robustness); with a focus on (but not limited to):
- Vibro-acoustic problems
- Algebraic solvers and integration of efficient new technologies in this field
- recommend new technologies to be integrated in Actran to solve new challenges efficiently
- Interfaces with third party software when required
- Work on bug fixes
- Identify software design problem and devise elegant solution
- A master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or similar
- Minimum of one year in depth experience with C++ and PYTHON
- Hands-on experience with object oriented software
- Knowledge and experience in Algebraic solvers (Mumps, Pardiso)
- Previous experience with vibro-acoustics is considered a plus
What we offer:
The opportunity to join a highly passionate team of developers and experts from across the globe. You can be part of a very dynamic team that cherishes new ideas and appreciates suggestions and discussions to further improve the software. Additionally you get to work on software that is used by a variety of market leaders across different industries.
Information you submit as part of your application must be true, accurate, complete and not misleading. You understand that any false or misleading statements or omissions made by you during the application process, including your application and interviews, may be sufficient cause to justify the rejection of your application or, if you have already become an employee, the immediate termination of your employment, subject to due process.
When you provide us with information about any other third party as part of the recruitment process (e.g. referees) then, before providing us with such information, you must inform the relevant individuals that you will disclose their personal data to us and provide a copy of this notice to them.
We will only process your personal data for the specific purpose of processing and managing your application. In particular we process candidates’ personal data to:
- Undertake recruitment activities, such as determining the suitability of a candidate’s qualifications.
- Assist us in managing external providers. (e.g. recruitment agencies)
- Manage our HR records and Update the Hexagon employee database.
- Reply to an official request from a public or judicial authority with the necessary authorisation.
- Comply with any legal obligation imposed on Hexagon in relation to its recruitment practice.
It is our policy to retain your details for 12 months during which your candidacy will be assessed against other potential opportunities. Prior to the expiration of that 12 month period you will be notified of the impending deletion and you will be given a choice to remain on our database for a further 12 months. At any time during the recruitment process you can request your data to be deleted from our database. You are always able to apply to any position advertised by Hexagon once more.
Note: in some countries we are legally obliged to keep your information for a longer period to comply with governmental reporting. In these cases we will be unable to delete your full details from our records.About Hexagon
Hexagon is a global leader in sensor, software and autonomous solutions. We are putting data to work to boost efficiency, productivity, and quality across industrial, manufacturing, infrastructure, safety, and mobility applications.
Our technologies are shaping urban and production ecosystems to become increasingly connected and autonomous – ensuring a scalable, sustainable future.
Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence division provides solutions that utilise data from design and engineering, production and metrology to make manufacturing smarter.