Introducing the latest version of PC-DMIS
CAD models with embedded geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) are here today and PC-DMIS helps you take full advantage of that built-in intelligence.
Point Clouds with New Tricks
Make more sense of your point clouds with new cross-section annotation tools and quicker access to multiple colour maps.
Ahead of the Curves
Save up to 80% of traditional programming time by creating your own CAD curves for rapid measurement. Using this new workflow to achieve maximum speed even when the curves do not already exist saves a return trip to the CAD designer.
Features Measured Your Way
Some days you just need a little more freedom and flexibility. The Feature-Based Measurement option and Mini Routine execution help you do things your way, every day.
Having multiple strategies at the ready will help you speed through measurement planning, while a new self-centring strategy for analogue sensors will get you straight to the point.
Improved Sensor Acceptance
We are constantly upgrading our tools for white light technology, so PC-DMIS 2016 helps fine-tune lighting parameters and gives you more measurement options to extract the most from your Chromatic White Light sensor.
Best Fit for a New Path
Simple arrows unequivocally show the way for better inspection plan efficiency, while new fitting algorithms ensure complete confidence in compliance and accuracy.
New Style User Interface
PC-DMIS 2016 features a new look and feel for a refreshing and simple user experience.
Recommended System Requirements
PC-DMIS 2016 operates under the following:
- 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 10
- 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 8.1 and 8
- 32-bit and 64-bit Windows
- 32-bit and 64-bit Vista
No other operating systems are supported.
- When using third-party drivers, you should contact your local Hexagon representative to ensure operating system compatibility
- Running PC-DMIS inside a Virtual Machine (VM) is not supported
- PC-DMIS Vision machines do not support 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 8
- The Matrox Framegrabber PC-DMIS Vision hardware component does not support a 64-bit operating system
Advantages of 64-bit:
- Customers with the x64-bit version of CAD packages need the 64-bit version of PC-DMIS in order to use Direct CAD Interfaces (DCI) to connect to the packages.
- The 64-bit version of PC-DMIS can use all of the physical memory that is available on the computer. The 32-bit version of PC-DMIS can only use the first 2 GB. Therefore, customers with large CAD or measurement routines are advised to use the x64-bit version.
- Microsoft .NET 4.5 for Windows 10 and Windows
- Microsoft .NET 4.0 for Windows 7
- 4 GB of RAM or higher (4 GB is the highest amount of memory capable on a 32-bit OS).
- The size of the CAD data file and the tessellation multiplier value used affect the amount of memory needed. These both affect the amount of tessellated facets needed to display the model. The smaller the tessellation multiplier value used, the more memory needed for the facets. For large CAD models, this could cause an “Out Of Memory” error. If this occurs, the current PC-DMIS session will be left in an unstable state and should be terminated.
- The default tessellation multiplier value is 1.0. Setting a tessellation multiplier of 0.1 will result in a 10 to 20 percent increase in the memory required over the default value of 1.0. Decreasing the tessellation multiplier further to 0.01 will result in an additional 50 to 65 percent increase of memory required.
- 1 GB of video RAM
- 2 GHZ or higher Duo-Core processor
- For desktops: Nvidia Quadro K620 graphics card
- For laptops: Nvidia Quadro K1100M graphics card
- The graphics driver must support OpenGL 3.0 or higher. A warning message appears on PC-DMIS startup if the driver does not support OpenGL 3.0 or if your graphics driver is more than a year old.
- 2 GB of free hard drive space plus allocated Virtual Memory of 8 times the largest CAD file used • SSD drive, HDD 10K, or two disks in RAID 0 mode (high-performance hard disk drive)
- SSD drive, HDD 10K, or two disks in RAID 0 mode (high-performance hard disk drive)
- Screen resolution of 1280 x 1024 or higher
- 2 Ethernet ports (This may be required for specific installations in consideration of local needs, including but not limited to CMM systems where one port is required for controller communications and another for intranet/Internet communications.)
- 2 USB ports
- DVD drive
- HASP key (a physical USB portlock) or a software licence
- A HASP key does not act as general-purpose data storage; therefore, you cannot use a HASP key to store (download) arbitrary data from a computer. Similarly, you cannot use a HASP key to put (upload) arbitrary data on a computer. In addition, only Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence applications can read or write to a HASP key; other applications do not have this capability. As a result, you cannot use a HASP key to load and unload data to and from a computer.
- Internet Explorer version 9 or later
The Sophos Anti-Virus tool was used to test PC-DMIS. The user will need to confirm the performance of any other anti-virus tool.
Solutions for CMMs Using RS-232 Communications
If you are installing PC-DMIS on a new or existing computer, but you have an older CMM model that uses RS-232 communications, then you will need to install one of these solutions on your computer:
- An external RS-232 serial-to-USB adapter cable plus the serial-to-USB adapter cable driver
- An internal serial adapter card with serial ports